The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am new to the Newport Beach CA area and would be all about getting together this weekend (DEC 11th) for a drive. I checked the weather and the man says it's going to be sunny and 71 degrees.

It would be pretty fun to get about 10 of us caravanning down PCH.

If anyone is interested drop me a line.

Talk Soon,
Ron

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I was just thinking that would be cool. Meet at Crystal Cove and then go from there after everyone starts to leave. Then I remembered that I will be out of town.

Next time...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RacerX said:
My car will be here Thursday so I will be ready for a good drive on Saturday. :clap:
Mine is getting here late tonight or tomorrow... I CANT WAIT.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Patricko said:
I was just thinking that would be cool. Meet at Crystal Cove and then go from there after everyone starts to leave. Then I remembered that I will be out of town.

Next time...
where is Crystal Cove, (like I said, I spend most of the day lost).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crystal Cove it is, what time works best for everyone? I would like to do it in the morning but have time to get up and go to the gym prior. Say 11AM, we'll drive somewhere and go grab lunch.

But someone has to tell me how / where to find Crystal Cove.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
scrony said:
where is Crystal Cove, (like I said, I spend most of the day lost).

This Starbucks is in the shopping center.

Starbucks
Address: 7955 E Pacific Coast Hwy, Newport Beach, CA 92657
Phone: (949) 376-5221

You can use the link below for driving directions
http://maps.yahoo.com/

It opens at 7AM and goes until about 9AM.

Patrick

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Patricko said:
This Starbucks is in the shopping center.

Starbucks
Address: 7955 E Pacific Coast Hwy, Newport Beach, CA 92657
Phone: (949) 376-5221

You can use the link below for driving directions
http://maps.yahoo.com/

It opens at 7AM and goes until about 9AM.

Patrick
Thanks for your help!!! Now is the starbucks across PCH from Crystal Cove? Now what goes on at Crystal Cove? Is it just a place to meet, or does everyone race there cars there? Sorry I'm so confused, I'm really new to the area.... Thanks for your help!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Robert Puertas said:
You need to get to Crystal Cove by 7:30am or you'll miss most of the good stuff.
I'll be more than happy to meet everyone there at 7:30, but what happens? What will we be missing after 7:30?

I'm real new to the area and am obviously confused.

Thanks for your help :D

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
scrony said:
I'll be more than happy to meet everyone there at 7:30, but what happens? What will we be missing after 7:30?

I'm real new to the area and am obviously confused.

Thanks for your help :D
Every Saturday morning from 7:00 - 9:00 there is an informal car show in the parking lot at the shopping center across PCH from the Crystal Cove State Park. There are usually something on the order of 50 -100 cars there of all sorts; hot rods, 60s muscle cars, exotics, antiques, SEMA escapees, some occasional one-off custom or concept cars. People just congregate there and either show off the cars they brought or are spectators just looking. You could see an Enzo parked next to the Batmobile (both have been there multiple times). You just never know what you might see there.

In addition to the Charbucks (obviously not my favorite) there is the California Whey, where you can get fabulous pastries or a more PC breakfast and good coffee.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
The shopping center where the Starbucks is, across the street from Crystal Cove beach/park has become an unofficial Saturday morning car show. You'll see everything from Bugs to Ferraris, Hot Rods to Elises. Trucks to bikes. One of a kind show cars and race cars. I've seen Jay Leno once, and Dan Gurney every time I've been. Cars start to arrive around 7:00am. The lot is usually full by 8:00am, and it's a really big lot. The group starts to dispers around 9:00am. There's the Starbucks, and also the Pacific Whey Bakery which has rediculously good pastries.

Do a Google search for Crystal Cove Car Show. I'm sure you'll find some good pics.

What Chris said. I type too slow...

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hope to see you all there (but, I'll be on my bike ! Gotta try to ride as much as time permits, BEFORE I get my car, because once I get my car I sure won't be riding much ):D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chris, Robert ... Thanks for the info!!!

I will see you guys there! Let’s defiantly try to get a group of Lotuses together to go for a drive. I only know of like three roads (PCH, Jamboree, Macarthur) so I would love to discover a new one.

Talk Soon,
Ron

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Whoooyooo... just got off the phone with Shinoo... I'll be riding shotgun up there with him... Thank you shinoo :bow:

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys.

Neil

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
off the topic,

But where is a good place to have my car washed in or near Newport Beach?

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
scrony said:
off the topic,

But where is a good place to have my car washed in or near Newport Beach?

Thanks,
Ron
In your drive way...:confused:

I wouldn't let anybody wash my car other than me.

Neil

1 - 20 of 64 Posts