The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have my Elise at the Crystal Cove gathering Saturday morning (Sept 18th). If any EliseTalkers want to see it come on down. It is Storm Titanium with the Touring Pack, Sports Pack and Stage II:D

There should be loads of other nice cars to see there as well.

I am not sure of the exact directions, hopefully someone else can post that.

Patrick

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Patricko said:
I will have my Elise at the Crystal Cove gathering Saturday morning (Sept 18th). If any EliseTalkers want to see it come on down. It is Storm Titanium with the Touring Pack, Sports Pack and Stage II:D

There should be loads of other nice cars to see there as well.

I am not sure of the exact directions, hopefully someone else can post that.

Patrick
any more details on this event? Times, location in the crystal cove park, etc?

I might be interested in heading down just to see your stage II. That said, I'm headed to La Jolla on Sunday - two trips down south in one weekend sounds like no fun. :p ... maybe we'll just stay down there. hmmmmm....

edit: ahh... google is helpful. It looks like this happens every Saturday at 7:00 am, and it's not in the park, but in some strip mall parking lot. You guys are weird. ;)

Being that the gf has a dentist appointment at 8am, I doubt I'd be able to get down there in time. Have a good one!

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This Starbucks is in the shopping center where I will be.

I will be there by 7AM and I think everyone is gone by 9AM or so.

Starbucks
Address: 7955 E Pacific Coast Hwy, Newport Beach, CA 92657
Phone: (949) 376-5221

Put the address in to mapquest or yahoo for driving directions

http://maps.yahoo.com/

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Re: Re: Saturday Morning at Crystal Cove

BrianK said:
... I'm headed to La Jolla on Sunday - two trips down south in one weekend sounds like no fun. :p ... maybe we'll just stay down there. hmmmmm....
If you can't get down on Saturday, are are passing through here on Sunday, there is the Coastline Car Classic on Sunday from 10 am - 4 pm in the Crystal Cove State Park parking lot (across PCH from the Saturday morning meet).

For more infor, see this thread:
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5744

·
Registered
48 Posts
Patricko said:
This Starbucks is in the shopping center where I will be.

I will be there by 7AM and I think everyone is gone by 9AM or so.

Starbucks
Address: 7955 E Pacific Coast Hwy, Newport Beach, CA 92657
Phone: (949) 376-5221

Put the address in to mapquest or yahoo for driving directions

http://maps.yahoo.com/
Will try to make it by 8:00AM with my Ardent Red Elise. I would love to hear your stage II in person.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I will try to make it by 7-8 am. I would love to hear your stage 2 also. Thanks

Ron

storm titanium also

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great, see you guys in the morning

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
If you can, try to stay until 9:15 or so, I'll be on my bike and wkill be there a few minutes after 9 am.

See you there !

Mike G.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Great get togather at Crystal Cove this morning. PatrickO and Pianomanic were there with their almost identical cars (Patrick's has the Stage II exhaust), Ivor was there with his Yellow Elise and an Ardent Red one owned by a couple whose name I didn't catch. I understand he lurks here though...so come on out and join in! And Mikester stopped by on his bicycle.

First picture: Patrick's car and the Red one with Pianomaniac looking at Patrick's car and the couple with the red one talking to Deb...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
It was great to meet you guys this morning. We'll have to do it again.
BTW.....Patrick's stage 2 sounds great. I'm now convinced! It's really no louder than the stock...just has a deeper,more throaty and smoother sound. Of course, I didn't hear it at 8500 rpm's,although I'm sure that patrick has heard that sound more than once........:D

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Great to see you guys again, and to meet the new faces as well !

I, too, am sold on the Stage II. It sounds really nice, IMO.

Mike

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I was one of the last ones to leave and was able to hear both Patrick's and eletourneau's cars as they left. I was very surprised. After all the warnings I've heard about the Stage II exhaust, it was actaully quite noticeably quieter that the stock exhaust under those conditions. Note: This was both cars leaving their parking spot in the parking lot.

Eletourneau left from the far end, so I was not able to hear how it sounded entering PCH under heavier throttle. Because a whole bunch of Cobra's showed up revving their engines, I also could not hear Partick's car as he entered PCH from the near exit. (Those Cobra's...now there's noisy exhaust).

Patrick's Stage II was very pleasant sounding. It would be interesting to hear a comparison of them both under heavier throttle and higher revs.

I was not disappointed by the sound of the stock exhaust either.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
(Those Cobra's...now there's noisy exhaust).

Hi Chris....I agree. I think that both of us were thinking of shouting at the Cobra owner to shut it down. Don't they have any respect? They should have known that Patrick was leaving with his Stage 2.:D

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was great meeting everyone. If you guys want to go for a ride in my car to hear the Stage II from the inside just let me know.

Patrick

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ron (pianomaniac),

Did you manage to get a pair of Speed Cats on the way home?

Patrick

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Patricko said:
Ron (pianomaniac),

Did you manage to get a pair of Speed Cats on the way home?

Patrick
Yo Patrick, No, I couldn't get my foot off the accelerator on the 73 but did go to the Santa Monica Puma store this morning. I did get a pair and they seem very comfortable. Should know in a few minutes if they make my Elise go faster.:D

BTW....the santa monica store is a dumpy store with almost nothing in stock. Out of the 6 different color Speed Cats,they only had one color in my size.

So.......Black- size 11 1/2 Puma Speed Cats they are. :cool:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is the same size I wear and the Puma store is the only place I have found size 11 1/2, all of the other stores just have 11 or 12.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
They fit real fine and I think there good for 2-3 more HP. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts