The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who may not know Will has been sacked from F1 starting next season by the new owners. Personally I like the guy, he's into it, informative and funny. Granted Peter Windsor did a great job but Will 'sparks' life to it.

Is there some way we can contact the new network owner of F1 and give them a "Keep Will Buxton" campaign? Let's see here... if they were to use the guys from the US version of 'Top Gear' I'll fall asleep.

We also need to keep the original crew of Bob, David, and Steve who know from personal experience in the sport how to 'broadcast' it.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
What?! Do you have a link for info on this? Will is the man, he can't leave! Here is Will and I at a pub in Montreal last year (I'm on the left). Really cool guy.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
speed got dumped i heard from F1. So who's picking it up? FOX?

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Yes Will's insight and knowledge of the sport would be hard to beat.

·
Registered
224 Posts
NBC is picking up F1. Speed is owned by FOX, and the whole station is being converted to a 'sports' channel.

Hopefully, Steve - David - and Will will also be transitioning to NBC. Bob I think will stay with FOX.

Will is a real genuine fan of F1, and an incredibly cool guy to boot. I met him this year at Montreal (with Sam Bird) and we had 1 or 12 drinks.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Matchett's Chalk Talks - OK; his broadcast skills are mediocre at best. He doesn't shut up and states the obvious repeatedly. I hope he disappears.

"Push, push, push" - over a cliff I pray. :p

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
i would hope NBC would pick up david, steve, and will... i mean seriously - it would be massively stupid not to, and in the big picture those 3 are probably the cheapest line item cost of the whole broadcasting F1 gig... go with a proven package team and your bottom line isn't affected either way, and your top line is boosted. it would amaze me otherwise - however, i am frequently amazed...

i haven't heard anything, and we probably won't until after hte season -

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
where is the article that NBC said they will not hire him?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts