The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are serious about finding a great car, do NOT buy from Chicago Motor Cars
I'm trying to get my story out there so other people won't have to go through what I did. Buying a car should be fun, Chicago Motor Cars will make your experience anything but.
I have encountered some dishonest people in my life, but not these guys are the WORST! I did everything I was supposed to do, but all they did was play games. Chicago Motor Cars set up three different appointments with me to finalize a sale of a car I had spent a lot of my time discussing and negotiating with them about, and all three times they were a no-show. They had set up the appointments and I had FULL payment. Who does this? DISHONEST, FRAUDULENT people, that's who. They may have nice cars to look at, but trust me on this, that's where you should stop. Quite honestly, shopping here would be the biggest mistake and waste of time; All you will find is trouble. Parin Shah, Frank Sacco, and Mark Foster are quite a (dishonest) team.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Thank you for the heads up, though I don't see myself having to deal with them ever, just in case, I will make sure I don't.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Oh MAN! I've tried to buy parts from them before. Not Lotus, but exotic. WORST buying experience ever. Completely useless, unhelpful. I went elsewhere with my sale still completely open. Had to basically beg them to take my money somehow.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I remember being in there a few years ago. Very rude and treated me like a child.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I got this response...

"Nathan,

Thank you very much. This guy is just mad because he tried to scam a car out of us. I sued him and he lost in court and I received my car back. Now he is upset and posting bad reviews and false info all over the internet.

Thank You,
Parin Shah
President

Chicago Motor Cars
27w110 North Ave
West Chicago, IL 60185

Used Cars and Used Trucks Dealer in Chicago, Illinois | Used Mercedes-Benz| Used BMW| Used Chevrolet| Used Range Rover| Used For
1-630-221-1800 Office
1-630-333-6266 Mobile
1-630-221-1801 Fax
[email protected]"

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,748 Posts
That is almost believable, except for the fact that there are three others with just as bad reviews!

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I believe its been posted b4 on this board on Chicago Motor Cars crooked ways.
I had to make them take a crashed car back a week after I bought it.
Many ppl have bought cars from them that had hidden crash damage.
Im not the only other one on this board who has CMC horror stories.
Usually when someone gives them a bad ebay review they pay them off. I know that first hand.
I drove a ford gt from them where the synchros were totally shot. They didnt care.
The crashed car I bought from them when they took it back they put it right back on the floor for the same price I bought it for.
Parin is a personable guy but hes bad news, hes a punk and a back stabber.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
LexisNexis (court case search tool) shows no chicago area civil cases filed by either Parin Shah or Chicago Motor Cars. I suspect Parin Shah may not be totally on the level in his claim they had to sue to get their car.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
I got this response...

"Nathan,

Thank you very much. This guy is just mad because he tried to scam a car out of us. I sued him and he lost in court and I received my car back. Now he is upset and posting bad reviews and false info all over the internet.

Thank You,
Parin Shah
President

Chicago Motor Cars
27w110 North Ave
West Chicago, IL 60185

Used Cars and Used Trucks Dealer in Chicago, Illinois | Used Mercedes-Benz| Used BMW| Used Chevrolet| Used Range Rover| Used For
1-630-221-1800 Office
1-630-333-6266 Mobile
1-630-221-1801 Fax
[email protected]"
Wow, classy response.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I believe its been posted b4 on this board on Chicago Motor Cars crooked ways.
I had to make them take a crashed car back a week after I bought it.
Many ppl have bought cars from them that had hidden crash damage.
Im not the only other one on this board who has CMC horror stories.
Usually when someone gives them a bad ebay review they pay them off. I know that first hand.
I drove a ford gt from them where the synchros were totally shot. They didnt care.
The crashed car I bought from them when they took it back they put it right back on the floor for the same price I bought it for.
Parin is a personable guy but hes bad news, hes a punk and a back stabber.
So all I have to do to make a few extra bucks, is write a bad ebay review!!!! =D

"did we just become best friends?" "YEP!!!!"

·
Registered
29 Posts
I live a few minutes away from their dealership and I was always told to stay away because they're liars, shady, and unprofessional.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Wow, classy response.

Seriously, what sort of business owner pens that sort of response to a potential customer (which can/will make it's way to the car forum world)? A more suitable BUSINESS response would be:

'Hello Nathan - thank you for the inquiry on ____ car. I understand your concerns, and frankly, I would have the same concerns. I'd prefer to speak live if that's agreeable. I'd like to provide the backstory so that you can have context and information to make your decision. Is there a convenient time we can chat?'

THAT is how you do it. Not the defensive douchey thing he wrote.

BTW, I'll be driving past this place in about 30 minutes. Should I chuck a Sausage Egg McMuffin at their door?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
No No, you come rolling in, with an English tailored suit and a rolex on your wrist. You appear to be quite interested in their next to top car. When they ask to run your credit, give a dismissive laugh and say you are planning to pay cash *if* you end up wanting the car. You bounce back and forth a few days (preferably just before the end of the month, or even better, the end of the year). Then on your final visit, tell them you are taking your business elsewhere due to their terrible reputation online. Really yank their chain, treat them like peasants in all of your interactions.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
No No, you come rolling in, with an English tailored suit and a rolex on your wrist. You appear to be quite interested in their next to top car. When they ask to run your credit, give a dismissive laugh and say you are planning to pay cash *if* you end up wanting the car. You bounce back and forth a few days (preferably just before the end of the month, or even better, the end of the year). Then on your final visit, tell them you are taking your business elsewhere due to their terrible reputation online. Really yank their chain, treat them like peasants in all of your interactions.
Nah, I'll roll up in a t shirt, shorts and flip flops. See how that rolls.

One thing I learned from my college buddy who owns Perillo BMW/Bugatti/Bentley/etc - ALWAYS look at a guy's watch. Many very wealthy people don't dress fancy. For example, Jerry Rich - owns Rich Harvest golf club and a RIDICULOUS car collection. Always wears grubby khakis and a baseball hat. Or Leno - the same damn denim shirt and jeans every day.

BUT, they will ALWAYS have a nice timepiece. I'm fortunate to have won a Panerai Luminor Daylight in a work sales contest. Maybe I should test this theory there. Shorts/t shirt and fancy watch :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts