The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home from the gym last week and saw a red 91 Elan with about 10k on the clock

looked clean, but the used car dealer was trying to sell it for 23k

is it just me or is that way high?

Located at Franksienaautosales.com
4922 Route 17M
New Hampton NY 10958

It wasnt posted on their website though

·
Registered
355 Posts
It's just you! :)
Very low mileage examples should all be fetching at the very least $20K range. When will M100 owners wake up and demand top dollar for their prized possessions? This model is soooo way under valued. It is THE most comfortable, driveable, largest trunk area, easiest to get in and out of, sharpest looking, air conditioned, 2 seat, convertible, zippy quick, sports car out there of the Lotus marque (and the only one my wife and I can travel in). Sure, there are cheaper ones out there, but usually very high miles and beat or tatty.
Go and find one out there equivalent cheaper. You won't be able to since M100 owners hold onto their cars tightly. They know what they have!!! :)

·
Premium Member
6,311 Posts
That Isuzu motor is VERY stout and easy to service. Hell. I'm interested for 23K .

·
Sold my Exige S
930 Posts
I agree with OP. This low mileage example is overpriced by at least $5K. There just isn't demand for these abominations. M100s were overpriced, underpowered and FWD - a dangerous combination and not the spirit Lotus was attempting to rekindle from the S1 Elan.

·
Registered
399 Posts
.......abominations. M100s were overpriced, underpowered and FWD - a dangerous combination and not the spirit Lotus was attempting to rekindle from the S1 Elan.
Did your wife/girlfriend dump you for a M100 owner? :D You are way off base here. While skeptical until driving one, I found the M100 Elan actually to be a very fine sports car. As noted earlier, it has a comfortable ride, handles far better than expected, has a trunk that holds my golf clubs, will do 800 miles per day without crippling you, and it is not slow -- particularly for an early 1990s car. I expected to sell my M100 after getting the Exige but changed my mind quickly. The two cars complement each other nicely.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Did your wife/girlfriend dump you for a M100 owner? :D You are way off base here. While skeptical until driving one, I found the M100 Elan actually to be a very fine sports car. As noted earlier, it has a comfortable ride, handles far better than expected, has a trunk that holds my golf clubs, will do 800 miles per day without crippling you, and it is not slow -- particularly for an early 1990s car. I expected to sell my M100 after getting the Exige but changed my mind quickly. The two cars complement each other nicely.
I agree! Love my M100. It is so fun to drive and it is very quick, especially since I have an Everest chip and piper exhaust on mine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Would have to agree with othe owners here. Fantastic little cars.

Have owned my M100 for about 15 years.

Bigger boot than the Evora. As mentioned. When fitted with an Everest chip, etc. Is quite nippy.

Have recently upgraded to an Evora. But selling the Elan is not an option.

Just need a bigger garage. Wife still wants to park in the garage. I can't decide which car has to live outside.... As there's no option to extend the garage in our current house. We are now looking for a smaller house with a bigger garage.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
A little late to the party, but Elan's are piquing my interest as 2nd car.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Have recently upgraded to an Evora. But selling the Elan is not an option.

Just need a bigger garage. Wife still wants to park in the garage. I can't decide which car has to live outside.... As there's no option to extend the garage in our current house.
A storage lift may be in your future

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
I have an M100. It is my daily driver when salt is off the roads. This is my 6th. I love the car. This one they will pry from my dead cold hands. Those that put down, complain about, degrade the M100 have never driven one on a back road trying to get somewhere fast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought an M100Elan today. Paid less than the OP's observation, with 81K miles, but great service records.
When I see that DeanG and TonyV both read this Elan forum, I know that I am in good company!
Taber10
2007 Caterham7 SV
1991 Lotus Elan M100

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just bought an M100Elan today. Paid less than the OP's observation, with 81K miles, but great service records.
When I see that DeanG and TonyV both read this Elan forum, I know that I am in good company!
Taber10
2007 Caterham7 SV
1991 Lotus Elan M100
Congratulations on your Elan. :clap: I'm sure that your going to have great fun driving it. Awesome little cars :grin2:

Don't forget to post some pictures of your new toy

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. Elans are GREAT cars. I love mine!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Taber10
2007 Caterham7 SV
1991 Lotus Elan M100
Congratulations. Enjoy. Post pictures.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Taber10
2007 Caterham7 SV
1991 Lotus Elan M100
Good deal, nice to see there's one in the next county east of me, hi from Milton. Yes, post some pics.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts