The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and it was not that interesting. It was more orange and less chrome. From far away, it looks flat. Could only see the metallic aspects of it when looking right at the paint from within a foot away. So imagine a 70s orange car...that would be what the elise looked like.

Should be called "orange chrome."

Took some pics, but I have one of those antique film cameras, so wont have the pics online until I get back to the states in late January.

***now I will wait to be bashed by the COM. Thankfully, I'm an ocean away and its more difficult for you to find me :D***

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Did Lotus make the Elan in Chrome Orange? I saw one about two months ago a traffic light on Military and Northlake, but I thought it was more of a mustard orange. Also a few days later I saw an Esprit that looked like it was Chrome Orange in the Publix shopping Center off of Alt A1A near the Draft House. Are members of the COM hiding out in Palm Beach Gardens?
If you are the owner of owners of these cars, please let us know their colors.

·
Registered
529 Posts
xxxotic said:
Did Lotus make the Elan in Chrome Orange? I saw one about two months ago a traffic light on Military and Northlake, but I thought it was more of a mustard orange. Also a few days later I saw an Esprit that looked like it was Chrome Orange in the Publix shopping Center off of Alt A1A near the Draft House. Are members of the COM hiding out in Palm Beach Gardens?
If you are the owner of owners of these cars, please let us know their colors.
If you're talking about the M100 Elan, than I think the answer is no. They did make about 50 Norfolk Yellow ones. The rest were red, white, black, BR green, silver, and blue.

I have seen the CO S1 at Park Place and it was a sharp car. My only reservation about getting a CO S2 is how the black accents will look on it...still not sure...

·
Supporting Vendor
4,117 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
Mapes-

Are you sure that is chrome orange? The S1 looked nothing like that esprit! I think the esprit had a different color orange!
Yep. CO is the only orange that came on any recent Esprit. Those pix were especially brilliant thanks to the bright light of CA. Your sighting may have been dulled by the grey light found on that side of the pond.

Have ya noticed that sunglasses are not really a requirement in England? ;)

If that's not CO, then I'm in for a cruel suprise! :eek:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Here are some shots of a CO Exige. This color along with Norfolk (Mustard) Yellow change with the light they are in. My Mustard Exige looks orange sometimes and pale yellow at other times. Both are great colors.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
[BTook some pics, but I have one of those antique film cameras, so wont have the pics online until I get back to the states in late January.

[/B]
MW, does this mean that you're going to miss out on the LA Auto Show ?:confused:

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: Saw a CO S1 in person...

mikester said:
MW, does this mean that you're going to miss out on the LA Auto Show ?:confused:
I fly back for 2 days, 1 for the auto show, 1 to unpack/repack, then leave for central america 'til the end of January.

Like I'd miss the US elise debut!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts