The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continental GT.

Usually I like the way a car looks on the road a lot better than I like it when I see it in the showroom... but this wasn't the case with the GT. Looked pretty boring and seemed to blend right in with the equally boring cars around it.

Maybe it was the color (silver)

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
yeah, i dont think it looks anything special. especially from the rear. The new Astons look way better IMHO.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I saw one in black last weekend (actually, saw 2 in black) and I thought they looked pretty nice, although the first one I saw, at speed, looked to me like some kind of design study from Chrysler (there are design studios for all the major manufacturers here in the general area). After I caught up to him at the traffic signal and realized it was the new Bentley, I was like "oh wow", so maybe the brand impressed me more than the actual car....

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I saw one in the Ascot showroom. I thought it was sweet! So much nicer than the standard stodgy Bentleys and Rolls Royces. The dealership owner told me that, at $163K, it was a comparative bargain for what you get (over 500hp!).

Neil

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
pinmagic said:
I saw one in the Ascot showroom. I thought it was sweet! So much nicer than the standard stodgy Bentleys and Rolls Royces. The dealership owner told me that, at $163K, it was a comparative bargain for what you get (over 500hp!).

Neil
you can buy an M5 for half the price this Fall with 507 hp. I think that looks better than the GT.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
shay2nak said:
you can buy an M5 for half the price this Fall with 507 hp. I think that looks better than the GT.
Well, the Bentley is 552hp, and if you don't think that the extra 45hp is worth another $80,000, then I guess you just don't get it.

:D

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I would have a hard time paying that much cash for a car with two vr6's welded together.

If I had the means of course...:)

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
When I was at my Dealership putting a deposit on my Elise, my salesman brought up the fact that one of this customers just came in the day before and payed $60K over MSRP to get the first one on the streets! :eek:

To me that's insane! We thought $5 to $10K over MSRP for the Elise was high!:rolleyes:

Neil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts