The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Supercar Sunday in Thousand Oaks today and I saw another Evora with a straight pipe. It had dual tips but the pipe was a simple Y pipe going straight back to the collector. This Evora was gray with the a dealer logo plate (Auto gallery).

...Perhaps they are catching on :)

I wish the owner were around so I could ask him to fire it up, as I wanted to hear the exhaust. It looked well crafted, and the mount utilized the original mounts unlike mine, which is a simpler height-adjustable design.

A side note, when I arrived, I got lots of head turns as I went up and down the rows finding a spot. Just as I exited my car a guy came over and asked if it was a V8. I said "no it's a V6". He said, "Really? Wow, that's quite some sound you got there." haha and then, a few moments later, I ran into Matt Farah (of TheSmokingTire fame) and we started chatting. He said, was asked what I was driving and I told him I had the Evora. He then said, "hey was that you're Evora earlier?" and asked me about my exhaust, saying he really liked how it sounded. I told him it was just a straight pipe and he chuckled, "right on". Anyway, he hasn't driven the car yet and asked about the handling, etc.. Seemed honest. Cool guy, and his compliment made my day. As a result, I spent the next 3 hours in the canyons "on my way home" :D.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had one made by Abel Racing in OK. It was a special order, they don't normally make these but I got mine with the help of a fellow Evora owner (Plackslayer) who they made one for initially.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Squidward you have experienced exactly what I love about showing up to the Cars and Coffee events - everyone turns their heads and wants to check it out. I end up starting it up two or three times throughout the morning just so people can hear it again.

I love it.

A quote from another board member: "Pure exhaust sex".

If anyone is interested in one - I can let Able use my car again to fab one up. I have one party interested right now and it would be easier on ME :) if we did it as a group so that I don't have to lose my car again for a day lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts