The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Do you really think someone will have the tool to remove the lotus rims with them?? lot less chance they steal lotus rims then others..

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
the elise offsets arent too common

and why wouldnt you park your elise in the garage anyways? IMO no one should have one unless they have a garage!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
If they try to steal your rims they will likely total the car. I wish I was kidding....

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
This happens to Zs and Civics because they are common and there is a market for stolen parts.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
^^^ Exactly. 350z's are the Civics of the RWD Import world.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
This happens to Zs and Civics because they are common and there is a market for stolen parts.
Tell me about it!

I'm making big bucks from this little hobby. Definatly a good business guys get on it you'll earn loads

i mean erm...

i dont steal wheels honest!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Do any of you actually leave your Lotus outside for the night? The only place that may happen for me is like a hotel out in the country.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
they could've least used blocks to keep the car up...

feel bad for the owner

·
Registered
333 Posts
Damn that sucks. I had the same sh1t happen with my M3 when I left it outside at my buddies house overnight. I had a great alarm system that even notices the different angles of the car if it was to be lifted but they were smart about it and when they knocked the window out they opened the trunk and cut the battery wire so all power to the car was gone. At least they cut the ground wire making it a much easier fix. This can really happen to anyone so just be careful.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Man, when they stole my dad's wheels off of his Caprice Classic, they left the car sitting on paint buckets!

·
Registered
311 Posts
As soon as i get home i am going to swab my wheels in swine flu. Then i can just wait for the culprits outside quarantine. kidding obviously.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My brother just had his wheels and seats stolen out of his s2000. Thieves have remotes that can unlock cars, so alarms aren't enough.

·
Registered
845 Posts
And it doesn't help that the Nismo Z has one of the most sought after stock wheels for the Z. How do they jack up a car that's completely bottomed out? I guess they use airbags?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...about two years ago i awoke one morning to find a large SUV in my apartment complex precariously balanced on a single scissor jack, cranked all the way up dead center underneath, all four wheels gone and merely waiting for a light breeze to send the whole truck crashing down...surprisingly, it stayed like that for about a week and a half, then the truck (and owner) were gone for good...

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
a friend of mine had her catalytic converters sawzzaled out of her suv, middle of the day, at her office parking lot... can you belive that? 5 k in damage...

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
He's dancing over his $7500 insurance "boon". He'd better be careful or it may sound fishy.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Do any of you actually leave your Lotus outside for the night? The only place that may happen for me is like a hotel out in the country.

Yes I do. The car lives in a nice little suburban town with a ridiculously low crime rate. I'm moving the car to NYC though, and it will be garaged...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts