The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marble sized hail and thunderstorms my second night since I moved from sunny Arizona to northern Nevada? Of course! :mad:

Boy I'm sure glad I left all my CF parts on :(

It's still coming down out there, so I can't even see the outcome in detail just yet. Anyone have any Lotus+hail experience that might calm me down?

/sigh

<embed src="http://img190.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Mmvi0003" width="480" height="340" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
Is the hail had enough to dent the metal car in the parking lot? If not I'd say you haven't anything to worry about - the composite panels on the Lotus will shrug off the hail without marking :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
This video made me cry a lil. Shouldn't you have been out there shielding your girl with your body? I would have held umbrellas with my feet to cover more area!

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Oh no.....good luck!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Isn't there some of Lotus oath like

Neither rain, nor sleet nor gloom of night shall keep me from protecting my Lotus from the elements, onlookers, small children and cats.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Nasty. Not with the Lotus but one time in bad hail I went out and threw a moving blanket, some towels and whatever else I could find on the car parked outside and it def. saved it. Guess it's too late for that now. The clear bra helps a lot too. You can get my kit to cover the entire front end and it covers a ton of the car. If you get it again a blanket tossed over the rest of the car, basically roof if you have a hard top on and the back and you'd sleep sound at night. ;) (Ok- I'm shameless)

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I stopped at a motel in Amarillo a couple of years ago. There was a heavy storm during the night with a lot of 1/2 inch hail. It triggered the alarm, but no visible damage to the paint -- just a few small dents in the radiator.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She's okay folks! :up:

Just a little dirty from the rain, but she'll survive another day. Just watching that video makes me wince, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts