The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Pittsburgh Vintage GP yesterday and
Exoticars of Pittsburgh has a SC Elise for sale.

749 miles I believe.
Storm Titanium
Hard Top
Touring pack.

Car looked perfect as far as I could see.
Original sticker was $59,xxx
They are asking $49,988

I have no association with this dealer etc.
Just thought the car was very nice and seemed a good deal.
Thought someone might be looking for one.
EXOTICARS Pittsburgh's premier source for exclusive, pre-owned sports, luxury, classic, muscle & sport utility vehicles.
You can see it at the website above.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
I could understand if it was a private seller but a dealer selling a <1K miles SC for $10K off. Hmmm. But maybe it's just a good deal.
:popcorn:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah... the skepticism is there with me too.

I did see the car though and I certainly didn't notice
any obvious warning signs.

Buyer beware is always a very good thing to live by.

·
Registered
451 Posts
carfax is interesting(not sure if this is a mistake, but I don't think I've seen this before)- if the VIN is correct on the ebay ad... Never titled. Here's the interesting bit:

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
05/06/2008
US Customs
Vehicle exported fromUnited Kingdom and imported to Newark, NJ

05/06/2008
Vehicle Exporter
Vehicle exported from Newark, NJ and imported to United Kingdom

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I saw this car at PVGP, too. The car looked good, and there were a few additions like a leather wrapped console. I couldn't see what was added to the dash shelf, but it didn't look like mine. Also had a nice jock-strap cup holder. Looked to be in perfect exterior condition.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
If the car was never titled, it was probably a demo car, eh?

I could only believe the deal if Exoticars of Pittsburgh is a Lotus franchise and is selling their OWN demo car.

I know demo cars are not as valuable, BUT I still don't see a dealer taking a $15k+ loss on the car ($15k if it was sold to Exoticars from another dealer)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Exoticars had a red one I looked at a while ago. I was told it was new (it had 43 miles so I could see that), the warranty hadn't been punched and they were asking $46K. I later found out that it was used (sold to them by a Lotus dealership so it was, in fact, now a used car) and the warranty had been punched 2.5 months earlier. Also, the dealership that was originally selling this car offered it to me for $44K. I see now that Exoticars has reduced the price to $43K.

EDIT: Just to clarify it was a red Elise, not the SC...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm the guy that bought it in San Fran

It was a little bit of a risk, i'll admit, but it worked out very well. Just took it to the lotus dealer here in San Fran for an inspection and the car is perfect. The warranty is still intact, and the few problems that it had (mostly bad LEDs in the tail lights, and a problem with the soft top) are covered by warranty and have been fixed by the dealer. Ended up getting it for $48k (emailed the dealer directly to make the offer, had him delist it from ebay when he accepted).

Not sure about others experiences with exoticars, but I would definitely not have a problem working with them again, my experience was top notch and the car was exactly as advertised (****ing awesome).

·
Registered
584 Posts
It was a little bit of a risk, i'll admit, but it worked out very well. Just took it to the lotus dealer here in San Fran for an inspection and the car is perfect. The warranty is still intact, and the few problems that it had (mostly bad LEDs in the tail lights, and a problem with the soft top) are covered by warranty and have been fixed by the dealer. Ended up getting it for $48k (emailed the dealer directly to make the offer, had him delist it from ebay when he accepted).

Not sure about others experiences with exoticars, but I would definitely not have a problem working with them again, my experience was top notch and the car was exactly as advertised (****ing awesome).
Dude, you scored big time, as if you didn't know already. Congrats on the new car and with all the money you saved, you can enjoy it even more! :up:

P.S. My color of choice! STi rules! (though, depending on who you ask here, it may or may not be the fastest color)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I saw that car at the Vintage Grand Prix as well. Definatly a good deal for a 08 SC. Beautiful car and I hope u enjoy driving it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts