The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, Im getting a sc for my elise for added hp of the line. AND NO, dont tell me to get a vette because i love the elise!

However.

Does anyone now if there is one made specifically for the elise?

What is that best sc for the elise?

And does anyone know the PROS and CONS of having a SC on the Elise?

I have already heard some of the opinions people have gave on these forums, i just need a little more!
//

I hope Vortec gets a sc for the elise

:D

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Does anyone now if there is one made specifically for the elise?
Not yet for the US/Toyota Elise

What is that best sc for the elise?
See First answer

And does anyone know the PROS and CONS of having a SC on the Elise?
Pro's..Obvious...more torque and HorsePower..acceleration
Cons..Expense..Warranty Voided..Complexity..Added Stress

I can appreciate your enthusiasm but don't you think we first need to get the car here :D

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Re: Re: SC specificallyt for fed Elise

1FASTMX5 said:

I can appreciate your enthusiasm but don't you think we first need to get the car here :D
Weren't you the guy shopping for gullwing kits? :)

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Re: Re: Re: SC specificallyt for fed Elise

NMRJock said:
Weren't you the guy shopping for gullwing kits? :)
Well actually No, I simply stated I would consider something like that if it could be done right. I hadn't authored either post nor was shopping around. Besides adding an SC is a much bigger issue for many reasons and actually having a car would be essential to its developement...Nice try though :D ... I just want to get the damn car already

·
Registered
144 Posts
"And does anyone know the PROS and CONS of having a SC on the Elise"

PROS:

torque, flexibility in engine...obviously quicker !..less effort required to keep it on the boil etc

CONS: more heat to get rid of, small weight increase, try to find a tuning company that offers a warranty then no probs there either, less MPG, ...not much else really ;)

Ive been driving a supercharged Elise for the last 15K miles/6 months and wouldnt go back now.....

230bhp/195lb/ft and 790Kg is good fun :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
bogie said:
"

Ive been driving a supercharged Elise for the last 15K miles/6 months and wouldnt go back now.....
Is it intercooled? If so, where is the heat exchanger mounted and how difficult was the install?

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
hermanslotus said:
1Fast,

Speaking of getting the car. I see you are in NJ. So where did you order your car from and what # on the list are you?

I ordered mine from Hunting Ridge Motors and I am #14.

Best Wishes,
Mitch
I am number 7 or 8 Manhatten Motorcars. You going Sunday to the Lotus meeting at NYC car show?

·
Registered
144 Posts
mine is chargecooled.

Basically there is an additional radiator hung underneath the OEM one, also an oil cooler feeding the supercharger in the front nose and another for the sump in the right hand side pod.

Pipes run through the sills of the car front/rear.

Engine is rebuilt with forged pistons, shorter forged rods, ported head, big valves and hotter cams, new ECU, additional 2 fuel injectors

currently running approx 230bhp/195 lb/ft with 10psi boost at 7K revs max...car weighs 795Kg so its pretty nippy ;)

mine is a customised conversion from here www.turbotechnics.com

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
I am number 7 or 8 Manhatten Motorcars. You going Sunday to the Lotus meeting at NYC car show?
Wow #7 or 8 not bad at all. Your going to have you car soon. I went this past week at night. The weather is so nice this weekend, I'll be riding my motorcycle and I'll have to miss Sunday's show. Let us know all about it.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts