The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys if you get any emails from a Jim or jims restoration trying to sell you parts from the UK he's a scam artist!! Hes not a member of this forum. :thwack:

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I get a lot of messages...Kind of figured it was bogus and ignored it. Can we ban this guy somehow?

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Gotten a couple from him and just marked them as spam in email. Lowlifes

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Here it is: mailto:[email protected]

This is the message:

I'm currently in the office now but will check on the ware-house for the needed item if you are still interested in the purchase. You can send me an e-mail on [email protected] with list of what you are looking to purchase and a phone number to reach you.

Cheers,

John Pierre United Kingdom

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
Yep, I got them too!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I really feel bad about myself. He must think I am so poor that it isn't worth the effort to scam me. Sigh,.. unworthy of the attention of a scammer.

·
Wow Such Admin
6,959 Posts
Hmm, I wonder if google would do anything about this seeing how it is coming from a gmail account. If you search the email, he is all on TONS of forums.

Just found his username on here and banned him. But it probably won't stop it from happening, because you can still browse the WTB section as a guest. It wouldn't be a bad idea to hide the marketplace from guests on the forum, but most of our guest traffic is probably in the "Lotus cars for sale" section.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Effing guy was claiming to sell me a hard top. Said his pay pal was not active and to send money via money gram instead. I said email me a picture of your drivers license and I would think about it. He sends what looks like a legit licence with his name and etc to match. I then fooled current pictures of UK licences.. Out popped an image of the licence he sent me with a different Name on it!!! POS muther fker

·
Registered
100 Posts
Effing guy was claiming to sell me a hard top. Said his pay pal was not active and to send money via money gram instead. I said email me a picture of your drivers license and I would think about it. He sends what looks like a legit licence with his name and etc to match. I then fooled current pictures of UK licences.. Out popped an image of the licence he sent me with a different Name on it!!! POS muther fker
He offered to sell me some dampers!

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Good catch guys at least no one got taken for a ride.

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
Such administrate
Many fix
Very banned
WOW!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Another from same person, at least his message to me for some LED tail lights was exactly the same as above ("I'm currently in the office now but will check on the ware-house for the needed item if you are still interested in the purchase. You can send me an e-mail on [email protected] with list of what you are looking to purchase and a phone number to reach you.

Cheers,

David Peterson
United Kingdom"

User Name: DavidD
email [email protected]

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/member.php?u=59698

To egg on after he sent a photo of the lights, I told him I was not comfortable paying by money order and for him to send me a photo of the lights with a major newspaper with the current date clearly showing... :)

Admin, gotta ban this guy again..

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Hmm, I wonder if google would do anything about this seeing how it is coming from a gmail account. If you search the email, he is all on TONS of forums.

Just found his username on here and banned him. But it probably won't stop it from happening, because you can still browse the WTB section as a guest. It wouldn't be a bad idea to hide the marketplace from guests on the forum, but most of our guest traffic is probably in the "Lotus cars for sale" section.

I don't think it would be effective because it is so easy to just create another one.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Another from same person, at least his message to me for some LED tail lights was exactly the same as above ("I'm currently in the office now but will check on the ware-house for the needed item if you are still interested in the purchase. You can send me an e-mail on [email protected] with list of what you are looking to purchase and a phone number to reach you.

Cheers,

David Peterson
United Kingdom"

User Name: DavidD
email [email protected]

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/member.php?u=59698

To egg on after he sent a photo of the lights, I told him I was not comfortable paying by money order and for him to send me a photo of the lights with a major newspaper with the current date clearly showing... :)

Admin, gotta ban this guy again..
I just got a email from this ass too as I was looking for a soft top.. I actually emailed him and said we were on to him and he should stop poaching our lotus site...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts