The Lotus Cars Community banner

Scan Tool Reccomendations - HELP!

3965 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Yeti
My CR has to date, been running absolutely flawlessly/perfectly/magnificently!! ...That is, right up until today, when the check engine light at exactly 12,111 now has come on! :panic:

So, I'm now in the market for a scan tool that I know will work with this car.

Anyone have any either insight or information on either of these:

AutoLink AL309 or

Equus3100 Innova

Man, I'm now all of a sudden just freaking!! :panic:
Pulled my baby right back in the garage (being less than 2 miles from home) and shut her right down. Not gonna do a thing until I can hook her up and see what (code) she's thrown.

Any help or advice on this, would be greatly appreciated!
*(and yes, before I get any :thwack: - I did do a search, but could find nothing in here specifically about either of these - that both seem to be also CAN compliant and relatively "robust/feature-rich" for their respective prices -as I've now been suddenly thrust into this search)

TIA for any meaningful feedback I might be able to get!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9,995 Posts
the club racer i believe is an 07 car, so you'll be looking for a k line obd ii, i've used the acctrons, and they've worked, the cheap harbour freight one didn't though.
auto zones mid level seemed to be ok,

i've got my scan tool with me and i'm hanging out in gaithersberg, md taking a day off today, if you're in that area give me a call and i'lll check it out for you.

· Registered
9,995 Posts
sorry man, leaving tomorrow, been here a week so its time to go home !

i haven't actually tested that one or know someone who has, but it does support all the right stuff for pre and post 08 cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.