The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ScanGaugeII - Scan Tool + Digital Gauges + Trip Computers
I am pondering whether this gizmo is simply an ephemeral fascination or
something I'll really use that will affect my driving style.
The advent of $4.00+ gas prices has prompted me to seriously wonder about
the fuel economy of our cars. I like the orange faced scangauge.

Does anybody here have experience using a ScanGauge?

-Robert

·
Registered
47 Posts
scan gauge

I have this and it helped me drive more economically in my Impreza when I had it. Also great for getting codes from the engine. well worth the money for all those gauges and an engine code scanner. It was $167 when i got mine not sure if price has changed but I still think it is worth it.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
i've had mine for a couple of years.
i like it for the info it can provide.
it does help on fuel economy but the spark advance info, the fuel flow, etc, info is great.
i have it on my corolla XRS. (2zz-ge)
well worth it.
sam

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Same as the others, I have one and it works great. It can definitely help to improve your driving habits to get your MPG up.

It does not work in my Lotus Elise. It does work in all my other cars (the ones with an OBDII port, I have older cars that don't).

See their compatibility list:
ScanGaugeII - Compatible Vehicle List

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got one as well for my Exige S sadly it didn't work, after speaking to the manufactures it does support the correct protocol but doesn't wait long enough for the ECU to respond so it bombs out. It works great on my other car though.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I got one as well for my Exige S sadly it didn't work, after speaking to the manufactures it does support the correct protocol but doesn't wait long enough for the ECU to respond so it bombs out. It works great on my other car though.
Yeah, it stinks that it doesn't work in the Lotus. I talked to the guy that developed it just over 2 years ago (back with the original ScanGauge) and he didn't plan on doing anything back then. When the ScanGauge II came out, I checked with him again and was told the new unit would not work either (I went ahead and got one anyway).

Here was the original thread that prompted me to buy one:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f129/scan-gauge-group-buy-21330/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update: Lotus Elise 2008 has been added to the compatibility list for Scangauge2. I have one on my '08 Elise S (1ZZ) and it appears to be working correctly.

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
359 Posts
Update: Lotus Elise 2008 has been added to the compatibility list for Scangauge2. I have one on my '08 Elise S (1ZZ) and it appears to be working correctly.
Thread revival hehe :p

A friend with a 997tt and another friend with a 996tt both got their scangauges and they absolutely loved it and I want one too!!

So....will this gadget work on my 2007 Exige S (UK Spec)???

Thanks hope anybody can help!!!!!:mw:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Here's mine! Mounted it using Velcro. Works perfectly!
Yeah, it will work with black dashboard Exiges, but not white dashboard Exiges.

I've had a Scan Gauge velcroed in my other car for several years now. The best feature is that it takes the guess work out of how much gas you have left in the tank if you drive your car in a consistent pattern.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah, it will work with black dashboard Exiges, but not white dashboard Exiges.

I've had a Scan Gauge velcroed in my other car for several years now. The best feature is that it takes the guess work out of how much gas you have left in the tank if you drive your car in a consistent pattern.
I've heard there's a difference between the white and black dashes, but what are the differences? Thanks !

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's odd. I have an Ultragauge (similar to scangauge, just 1/3rd the price), and it worked on my 2006. But it ended up in my truck full time instead.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts