The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I dunno what freqs corner peoples use, but these are cheap and cheerful scanners that do a lot of frequencies.

Uniden Nascar 100-Channel Compact Scanner (BC72XLT): Etail Electronics

* 25- 30 Amateur Band 10 Meters
* 30- 50 VHF Low Band
* 50- 54 Ham Band 6 Meters
* 108-137 Aircraft Band
* 137-144 Federal Government
* 144-148 Amateur Band Meters
* 148-174 VHF High Band
* 406-420 Federal Government
* 420-450 Amateur Band 70 Cm
* 450-470 UHF Band
* 470-512 UHF "T" Band

its bigger brother can do 200 channels and 800's UBC92XLT don't see it on sale though.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
You want to double check on the frequencies used at the track FIRST.

Make sure the scanner you get has those frequencies built in or that you can add them as you need them.

That Nascar scanner from Uniden mentioned above should do the trick. :D

Also fun, take it to the airport to listen to planes going in or out; police "TACTICAL" frequencies for police and police helicopters; picking up LIVE FEEDS from newscasters (for example, you can hear what's going into the guy's earpiece who is broadcasting live from the ballpark); fire frequencies; late night stakeouts by police/FBI.

Get a big antenna for your roof at home and you'll hear alot more.

Radio Shack knows alot about scanners/parts for scanners.

Yeah, I listened to scanners for years...alot of fun.

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Portable phones.......cell phones....... baby monitors.......

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Portable phones.......cell phones....... baby monitors.......
I had a very old TV with a UHF tuner that went to Ch. 83. The FCC reallocated bandwidth to analog cellular phones by removing Ch. 82 and 83 from UHF broadcast TV.

Tuning the TV to 82 or 83 and playing with fine tuning, I was able to pick up partial cell phone conversations.

Virtually all cell phone traffic these days are digital, so I don't think it's possible to pick up cell phone conversations any more.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Its also a federal PITA offense these days to sell, own, borrow, use or operate one of them these days, only the government is allowed to cellphones, analogue or digital !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts