The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We both pulled up at the same time. I was afraid she was going to drive into me. I had to take a picture just in case there was a surprise when I came back.

Feel free to add any of your scary parking situations.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Had a jacked up 4X4 back over the front of my 67 911S 20+ years ago. Put a big notch in the luggage compartment lid with its trailer hitch and the driver didn't even know that she had hit me. Fortunately I saw it happen and she was a client of a lawyer in my building, who she had been visiting, so I could track her down. Still a major bummer!

Jerry

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've learned to keep some space around other vehicles in the Lotus. Drivers, especially yahoos, in their tall pickups and SUVs here in Houston cannot see low-lying Loti on roads and in parking lots (or act like they don't). Its scary, but all you can do is be vigiliant or never drive the Lotus.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Okay, a little off topic, but I park like a jackass at any given opportunity.

:coolnana:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Ha. And I thought I was the only person paranoid enough to take pictures of questionable cars parked next to me (when I had my Elise).

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Its much better to get 2 shots. One of the situation, another of the plate. :D I had a lady back over the front of my Silver Anniversary Corvette while I was at the fuel pump :mad:...I guess that counts as a parking situation heh.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha. And I thought I was the only person paranoid enough to take pictures of questionable cars parked next to me (when I had my Elise).
I've been doing it for years with all my sports cars. I'd rather look silly then come back and look helpless.

·
Registered
557 Posts
We both pulled up at the same time. I was afraid she was going to drive into me. I had to take a picture just in case there was a surprise when I came back.

Where was that?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
i would never park my car in a garage like that. :wave:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

Wow, glad the car is OK... I could never park in a lot like that...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Not even remotely scary.

There is more than a foot!

Knock on wood.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
i wouldnt doubt that^ :(

i wouldnt park my car in town then.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I wanted to post up the picture of the Elise 'parked' under a police car with the police car's rear wheels off the ground, but I can't find it. :(

1 - 20 of 52 Posts