The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the 4th time I've had my car at SCC...this time I had an off at SOW that messed up my front splitter...here are pics of before and after...fixed in just about a day!

Bottom of the right side of my Gut splitter

after repaired:

Some of the amazing cars at SCC undergoing amazing work:

Alan's car

A matt black Audi TT

Steve's lambo

Maserati getting fixed

Maybach

F-car

Bentley

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Might want to spend your $$ on driving lessons rather then fancy front splitters if you have to have your car repaired 4 times...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Might want to spend your $$ on driving lessons rather then fancy front splitters if you have to have your car repaired 4 times...
They do custom work and not just repairs, Im pretty sure thats why hes been there a few times.....

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
:rolleyes: Maybe you should find out how his splitter got damaged first before leaping to conclusions.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Im not leaping to conclusions....he posted is another thread about it...actually I remember reading about an off that busted up the front clam and 1-2 more about taking out the splitters....so I dont think it is out of place to say that learning to drive the car stock is better then wasting money with mods that are not going to help you if you cant drive correctly.

:rolleyes: Maybe you should find out how his splitter got damaged first before leaping to conclusions.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Cory

The point of this thread was simply to mention that Steve at SCC has taken good care of me...
He has done all of the custom work on my car, and his fiberglass work is extremely well done.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

Oh snap!

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im not leaping to conclusions....he posted is another thread about it...actually I remember reading about an off that busted up the front clam and 1-2 more about taking out the splitters....so I dont think it is out of place to say that learning to drive the car stock is better then wasting money with mods that are not going to help you if you cant drive correctly.
Cory, you haven't seen me drive, so before you prejudge you can keep your opinions to yourself.

Other issues with the splitters had to do with installs...not crashes.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
You mean the zip-ties i once provided to you at Cali Speedway wasn't sufficient to hold up the splitter? :D

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
Eddie,

Thought you and the rest of the Lotus community might be interested in knowing that Steve and SCC have become an annual member and Sponsor of the LCS and Alan will be participating in the LCS TT Events.

Welcome SCC and Alan. :clap:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yup, SCC is the only place I'd take my Lotus for repair work...

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Eddie,

Thought you and the rest of the Lotus community might be interested in knowing that Steve and SCC have become an annual member and Sponsor of the LCS and Alan will be participating in the LCS TT Events.

Welcome SCC and Alan. :clap:

Good guys !!! :clap:

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
To Cory1000 and all,

Please follow forum rules, avoid personal attacks and stay on topic. Add value to the discussion. In this case this thread is clearly a recommendation for SCC and not a discussion on the skill, merits, or reasons Plastique has needed the services of SCC. The fact is that he is happy with their work and recommending them to other members.

Regards,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
yowee - I understand in jest the comments and you can't really take forum banter too seriously, but...I personally don't comment on peoples' driving skills since I myself have made every rookie mistake in the book, we all do. I think actually Eddie has some balls of steel to track his beautiful machine and is doing really well from all accounts (probably faster than I am). Rock on Eddie, glad to see SCC as a sponsor too.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hey Cory, Eddie had an off the same weekend as you and I, all in the same spot at Buttonwillow, Riverside. You got away unscathed, so did I, but it took out Eddies front clam. I guess we all need driving lessons-poke-. I won't have a chance to get any lessons before SOW LCS#1, wish me luck.:D

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Hey Cory, Eddie had an off the same weekend as you and I, all in the same spot at Buttonwillow, Riverside. You got away unscathed, so did I, but it took out Eddies front clam. I guess we all need driving lessons-poke-. I won't have a chance to get any before SOW LCS#1, wish me luck.:D
+1

Who's tracked their car with any frequency and has not had an off (not me)? That said, Eddie's driving technique looks pretty good to me.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Eddie, I seem to recall you trying to convince me to take my car to the track, saying that there is nothing to do damage to your car at SOW if you go off..... -poke- ;)

Just to counterpoint; not going to name names, but one of the gang from the MDR meets got rear ended and the car went to SCC back in the beginning of September, and it took months for him to get the car back, and when he did, there was all kinds of problems and it had to immediately go back to SCC. He still has not got his car back from them, it's been five months!
I also know someone else that was not happy with how they painted his car.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Cory, Eddie had an off the same weekend as you and I, all in the same spot at Buttonwillow, Riverside. You got away unscathed, so did I, but it took out Eddies front clam. I guess we all need driving lessons-poke-. I won't have a chance to get any lessons before SOW LCS#1, wish me luck.:D
O.k. I will take everyone's advice...if Brent will be so gracious, I will try to follow his line or ride in his car....I'll learn a ton from him (plus I gotta feel that aero in effect!:up:)

+1

Who's tracked their car with any frequency and has not had an off (not me)? That said, Eddie's driving technique looks pretty good to me.
Andy, it's always fun hanging/driving with you at track events...we'll have fun battling each other!:shift:

Eddie, I seem to recall you trying to convince me to take my car to the track, saying that there is nothing to do damage to your car at SOW if you go off..... -poke- ;)

Just to counterpoint; not going to name names, but one of the gang from the MDR meets got rear ended and the car went to SCC back in the beginning of September, and it took months for him to get the car back, and when he did, there was all kinds of problems and it had to immediately go back to SCC. He still has not got his car back from them, it's been five months!
I also know someone else that was not happy with how they painted his car.
mopho....I stand corrected :nanner2:

Regarding SCC, I'm sure other's have varying experiences. I can only speak from my own....I trust them with my car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts