The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A special customer wanted something unique - we'd done matte black before. So it was time to move up to the next level... MATTE ORANGE!

We took this Orange Lotus Elise Track Car and after fixing some damage received at the track, we decided to go the extra mile and do a full matte orange paint conversion. We threw on some accents around the car including shaved turn signals and rear clam grills to make the car look more stealthy than ever.

All of the photos were taken by Dirk A. Photography @ Dirkap.com

Check out more matte conversions that we've done at Specialty Car Craft!

Here's the before picture...

And here is the final beast...

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I also saw it last week at SCC - very clean and stealth - waiting for the similar result for mine at SCC.

·
Registered
159 Posts
A~mazing !

What care is need for a paint finish like that, do you wash and wax as normal?

Peace!:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm just curious what goes into converting the paint from glossy to matte. Do you just wet sand the clearcoat down? Is there another spray of a matte clear after that? It looks great.

- Jeremy -

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Absolutely gorgeous!

How difficult was it to fill/smooth the rear taillight grill holes? It's something that I want to get done when my new clam goes one - and shave the red side reflectors too. ;)
Not difficult at all!

Please - All Lotus owners come on by the shop and have a chat with Steve about anything new you'd like to do to the body of your Lotus!

A Lotus owner was here yesterday, and said to me with a big smile on his face, "My warranty is finally up! Now I can finally do what I want! Let's smooth out the body and pick a color..."

Cool...:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts