The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sunday (6/13/04) the Washington DC Chapter of the SCCA had an autocross. I was hopping that maybe the local Lotus dealership might show up with one of their cars just so I could finally get a look. No joy on that action item though. I did have a good time watching the runs though. I like Sevens and this driver was fun to watch. I will not pretend to know if he was good or bad - I am way to much a rookie to make that judgment. I do like his taste in cars.
John

//members.roadfly.org/dacrema/FedEx Autocross Seven.jpg

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Ha! I was at that event. I bet nobody was expecting me to be there...

I was driving the red Protege5 in H Stock. It was a fun course; I just wish I could have driven it in my Miata.

I think that Seven might have been the one I saw with a rollbar-mounted tire rack that held the race tires up above and behind the driver. That was crazy looking.

There was a beautiful Porsche Carrera RS with the factory paintjob and wheels (white with blue).

And an E-Mod "Lotus Esprit" (totally tube frame with a sheetmetal skin) as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took a bunch of pics at the top end of the ckt. If I find one of you I will post it. (unless you say not to. I did read the thread about manufactures looking at the SCCA boards)
John

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
DaCrema said:
I took a bunch of pics at the top end of the ckt. If I find one of you I will post it. (unless you say not to. I did read the thread about manufactures looking at the SCCA boards)
John
I'm in the red datsun 240Z if you got any pictures, I'd like to see them. If the license plate is visible, I'd appreciate it being masked out, but otherwise I don't see a problem.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll will mark up the tags. I Know I have the 240z. Because of my work schedule it will be a few days.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
240z first because it was easy

The files are kinda big so I will post two at a time for any dialler uppers.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll try the last one - one more time

John
I think I have the red Protege5 but it is on a card with lots more pics. I'm a MINI owner and did photos of H stock but did a bunch and it will take time to sort through them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Geez,

There were an awful bunch of us there. John Stimson - I heard your name call (I was working in the truck during your runs) - but I thought nahh - must be a different John Stimson. But, we have 2 Steve Browns at our events (used to be 3). John, you could have driven my miata (maybe not your own, but still a miata).

John (DaCrema) - did you see how Michael Dougherty (the seven in your pics) carries his tires? His tiretail for the seven is pretty slick!

Did you catch my shameless advertisement?

Steve Brown
'94 Miata CS (soon to be ES?)
'05 Elise LSS Touring (not soon enough)

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
missed that one Steve. I like miata's and took a bunch of pics of them. which one was yours? Remember I'm using a digi cam (D70) I took close to 500 pics and edited them down to 400. Now there are still 300 of very nice pics of cones with blury cars in the background. I got some pics of a gold BMW next to a flying cone. I have a Marshall having a Cone pulled out from a cart. I have a red 911 (ok it may be a 9xx but I do not know the brand - would like to - but do not have the $$$) with smoke coming from the wheels as it lock up the breaks going into the down hill left at the top end of the course. More than one car on three wheels. As an old fart I toook very special care to take many pics of the TR-4. And to bring this to subject to the topic of this net page --- a lotus with a buick motor, inboard rear binders and more mods than I can hope to list. The owner must be a wrinch bender of the first class. He may not be liked by the purist but I liked what he did. I looked at his car and remember what Donald Healey said when he saw a 427 rat motor in a 100-4. (akin to - give me a ride in the beast).
John

·
Registered
104 Posts
John,

I ran first heat of the day, car #4. Send me a pm if you have any good pics of me - thanks.

Here's a blowup of license plate frame (Thanks Randy!)

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Steve,
as I said in the PM I had to get signed in. All others I drove through the check in - rookies are ez to pick out when they do that sort of thing. You may be in this pic though

John,
Is this you? It is the only red Mazda 5 door I have. I have other pics of the same car; if it is you I can post them here or send them to you. They are taken in sequence as you approach the top of the course.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Steve, that's a really nice offer. I thought of begging a Miata co-drive, but I was really there with my girlfriend Ellen to try out her new Protege5...so we'll probably both be driving the Protege any time I am visiting. Perhaps one of these days you'll see my car at an event.

John, that's the right car. It's Ellen driving in that photo. She was #26, I was #6. I'll PM you with my address.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts