The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the feb. issue of Sports Car "The Official Publication Of The Sports Car Club Of America", in the section "Fastrack News" on page F-27, it has the new car classifications. They are putting the 2005 Lotus Elise in T1. What's interesting is the other cars included on the list: 2003-04 Porsche GT3, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2004 Maserati Coupe, and the last but certainly not the least, the 2003-04 Dodge Viper SRT-10. Re: Elise News on
www.gglotus.org
How is this going to affect the cost of insuring the Elise?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have never raced with SCCA, but that seems like some pretty stiff competition for the Elise. GT3?????

I guess it'll depend on the track...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Watch it Randy - people may start calling LCU and asking to change the color they ordered:)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
SCCA has never been kind to Lotus, when the Esprit was slaughtering porsche in the early 90s in world challenge, they kept making the esprit add weight to the car. Lotusport finally gave up and moved to IMSA.
CHris

·
Registered
442 Posts
One of the local time-trial clubs up here in my corner of the country decided that the Elise wasn't eligible for any of the Showroom Stock classes, so instead has to run against lightly modified M-series BMW, 944 Turbo S, rustang Cobra R, MR2 Turbo and WRX. Sounds fair for certain tracks (like NHIS and Lime Rock), but we're gonna get pasted anywhere where HP is king (like Watkins Glen).

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
AuS4 said:
One of the local time-trial clubs up here in my corner of the country decided that the Elise wasn't eligible for any of the Showroom Stock classes, so instead has to run against lightly modified M-series BMW, 944 Turbo S, rustang Cobra R, MR2 Turbo and WRX. Sounds fair for certain tracks (like NHIS and Lime Rock), but we're gonna get pasted anywhere where HP is king (like Watkins Glen).
Why does this sound fair? A stock Elise isn't lightly modified:confused:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Track layout and weight. The Elise (stock) should carry more corner speed because of it's weight, and these tracks don't have enough straightaway to allow HP to make up the difference. So for time-trialling, it seems fair.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts