The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cool event. Interesting course. The BWR FrankenLotus was insanely fast, as was my old car. Sigh.

Steve Oblenes (he drove my car at Nationals) won in XP (Prepared Index) in the FrankenLotus.

Jason Uyeda in my ex-car had the fastest raw times to win, but hit a cone and settled for second, though he did well later on in the Hawk Super Challenge. I was looking forward to a repeat of last year when the same car won it all.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more. Me in the Miata. I guess pigs do indeed fly and hell has frozen over.

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,179 Posts
Randy

Gorgeous pics. Do you know what exhaust the BWR car is running?
The exhaust is a cobbled together bit to make sound for the San Diego event 2 weeks ago. Usually I run a 22" long 3" diameter open pipe!:eek: You can look down the end and see the turbine!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Randy,

The Pro Solo course looked fun. Sorry I didn't get the chance to meet you in person. We towed down and did try a few practice starts on Friday (Bordeaux red Elise). Then I had a fluke problem in registration that I had no time to fix (first run/work group Sat morning), and my partner/co-driver Ken Mollenauer refused to run the event in our car if I wasn't driving. So, we turned around and towed home Friday night. Gave our hotel room to Ron Tsumura, whom we met in the paddock on Friday.

I was personally crestfallen, but I'm glad the event went well. Hope we'll get to meet another time.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Randy,

It was nice to finally meet you in the the Men's Restroom at Barnes and Noble at the Irvine Market Place. Thanks for your advice on what to do for my rash.

Team Itchy Balls

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, what happens in Irvine, stays in Irvine.

Enjoy the sushi

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Elise Video from Sunday. Supercharged ASP Elise, in the faster yellow color.

next post. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here, these should look slightly better...

Left...
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0cWtnK_hnME"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0cWtnK_hnME" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Right...
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LIRyM5tKgDM"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LIRyM5tKgDM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Jason!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How did you and Bill do?
Me... I was "dirty" all weekend on the left side, which means my times sucked because they included penalties. The only positive was my last left was a raw 42.6 seconds which was pretty fast. My attitude going in was just to be there as a company rep and have fun driving, not to win anything. It was a huge success for ChaseCam.

Bill was in first, but two other guys squeaked past him on Sunday so he ended in 3rd.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have never seen a course this long for a Pro.

Yeah, it was a redlight, but barely so it did not count. On the other hand, it was my last run of the weekend and I knew it was a redlight, so I "went for it" and then kicked myself for not driving that way earlier. I was just not that comfortable in the Miata as compared to my old Elise. And I kept hitting the gas pedal when I hit the brakes... something I do not do in the Elise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have never seen a course this long for a Pro.

Yeah, it was a redlight, but barely so it did not count. On the other hand, it was my last run of the weekend and I knew it was a redlight, so I "went for it" and then kicked myself for not driving that way earlier. I was just not that comfortable in the Miata as compared to my old Elise. And I kept hitting the gas pedal when I hit the brakes... something I do not do in the Elise.
I don't have my DL1 in the car yet... But I'd guess that the course was shorter than last year, or maybe very close in length. Times were shorter last year but the course was probably faster; even Z06s needed 3rd gear last year.

FWIW, I'd guess my runs above are in the 42.1-42.4 range... I ran a dirty 42.311 (left) in class with a pretty significant mistake.

Randy, you must be born to drive an Elise :) I used to have that problem all the time in the Elise...

·
Registered
191 Posts
I still fat foot the gas when hitting the brake sometimes when I wear "normal" shoes. I find myself trying to remember to wear some skinny pilotis or pumas so I don't have that problem. Literally makes it impossible, but it's a pain if there's a downshift and you want to heel-toe...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts