The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I did a couple of those with a friend in his Toyota Celica. We did have an advantage...he had a trip computer that measured 0.01 mile and I programmed my HP to convert distance and speed to seconds.

The first one kind of fell apart at the end (instructions) and we never finished (it gave the end as someone's house that we didn't know).

The second one was written better. We missed one turn, but that only put us 10 secs off. Our total penalty for the event, which covered 3 hours and about 100 miles, was 25 secs.

The guys that win these things are usually within a couple of seconds.

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
That sounds like a lot of fun. I know Larry said he might be willing to for a different series ;)

If only I could convice Allyson to take her Quattro Audi out!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mel and I did that once. It was a good bit of fun. A great thing for a couple to do. If you're feeling competitive, I'd be much more concerned with having a good navigator...the driving is the *easy* part.

Course went up through Simi Valley and through a very cool canyon drive then through a large orange orchard and some cool side roads along the 5. We've gone through the path a couple times since because it really is a great drive.

Jeanne English does a great job with just a few people. Y'all should check it out! I think it was ten bucks with an SCCA card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts