The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
And I will be there running an F125 Shifter Kart. I tried to get the Elise's owner to let me co-drive it. :)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I run 3rd out of 5...which should be right after lunch.

My goal. Not be DFL in the competitive F125 class. I find the idea of running back to stock car class very tempting.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Come on back to stock class......I hear its real easy here... :>))

Your tooo Old for that shifter cart.....

hahahhaha

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
lol...

I find I am too busy to run a shifter kart competitively.

These guys are playing with alignments, jetting, gearing, etc. They have air density gauges. Gear calculators. All kinds of stuff. I have not touched this crap. I just want to drive.

Put tires on, align it, race and win.

SUPER STOCK... a soft class right? lol... :eek:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
The red spyder in the picture with the Elise is what I'm driving today. The A-Mod car was too loud for Qualcom's rules. I've never driven a Spyder before so this should be pretty amusing...
hopefully I won't be DFL.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Is the Elise running at the event? I can't find it in the entry list.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
The Elise is in BMOD.

·
Registered
153 Posts
hey randy, i was out there yesterday running practice runs for fun in my silver m coupe with black wheels. too bad we didn't get a chance to meet each other. what kind of times where you getting with your kart? the kart's look like they were really rough on the drivers on the test'n tune course. i want a kart real bad, but have too many toy's and projects right now. good luck to you and all who are racing!

·
Registered
153 Posts
oh BTW, the elise looked kinda slow on the small course. what kind of times was he getting? if i recall, i saw a high 26 lap.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
That Test-N-Tune course is both bumpy and not as grippy. Karts were bouncing. Most karts were down in the 23-24 second range.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Randy Chase said:
The Elise is in BMOD.
I'm a retard, I was checking the entry list for the San Bernadino ProSolo. :eek:

Is the Elise stock, or what was done to it? He's listed with Goodyear tires, I guess these are full race slicks? It will be hard to interpret his results without knowing the driver, but I'm still interested in seeing the times.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
They were full racing slicks. The car is well prepped and the driver is a good driver. I watched him today run. His first run a 51 second time. The very fast prepared cars were around 49 seconds. The karts were 42-44 seconds.

Still, the car is unfortunately classed in B-Mod. I have a lot more pics I need to upload.

Met some Elisetalkers today. Jay stopped by, and so did Little Bastard (Neil).

Back to the races tomorrow.... This kart stuff is not easy!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
As questionable as it may be with so many unknowns, here are the times of the Elise and some cars it might get classed with:

Tom Kotzian, 1st place SS ('01 Z06): 95.172
Scott McHugh, 1st place AS ('89 Corvette): 94.690
Gary Thomason, 1st place ASP ('99 Corvette): 92.511
Mark Huffman, 2nd place ASP ('66 Elan): 93.383
Bill Buetow, 1st place BSP ('89 Corvette): 94.582
Patrick Jones, 3rd place BM ('00 Elise): 95.001

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
And just because-

Randy Chase, 12th place F125 88.501

Faster than the cars... slower than the fast karts. Back to cars next week for me for redemption.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts