The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, the SCCA has decided to cancel the SCCA Solo Nationals and Pro Solo Finale. Having listened to the conference call, I think they reached the only responsible conclusion they could have. The Lincoln, NE Airpark is a "One of One" site. Racing is not its primary use and to jeopardize the future access to that site is not worth it for a hobby.

I think we were reasonably well-positioned for both the Pro and Solo given some reliability work we've put into the XP car, but I guess we will have to test that theory in 2021!

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,126 Posts
Sorry to hear that. The virus has caused chaos in everyone's life. Best wishes for next year!

·
Registered
683 Posts
That's a wild looking ride!!! How often do those front turn signals pop out? :)

Reactions: mrrrkva

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Sorry to hear that but I'm not surprised. Look at the positive side, your car is already for next season. :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Unfortunately, the SCCA has decided to cancel the SCCA Solo Nationals and Pro Solo Finale. Having listened to the conference call, I think they reached the only responsible conclusion they could have. The Lincoln, NE Airpark is a "One of One" site. Racing is not its primary use and to jeopardize the future access to that site is not worth it for a hobby.

I think we were reasonably well-positioned for both the Pro and Solo given some reliability work we've put into the XP car, but I guess we will have to test that theory in 2021!
The whole schedule looked weird with Tours after Nationals and the like. I have not really had ANYWHERE or time to adjust those fine Penskes you made me! I still am looking at doing "more" ;) stuff to get ready for 2021 Nationals then... BUT, it will kinda be cool for me to return Nationals with a 20 year hiatus! (in my last 4 years there I had a 2nd in CS, a 3rd in BSP, and if IIRC, last trophy spot in SS (also 2nd single driver spot... John Ames being the first- all during the unique Sept 11th Nats.. the owner couldn't fly back out to drive))

Look forward to meeting you there Fred!... and hopefully I've cleaned off my 20 year "rust"!!
89029508_3095833270468190_7177828625876516864_n.jpg

·
Vendor
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
217 Posts
I guess it was inevitable. What an up and down year: first I wasn't going to drive, then I had lockdown time to refresh the car and prep for events, then I had clutch trouble, and now there are no events. The Evora is so well classed right now too! I suppose I'm not in a hurry to finish this then...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had not seen Fred's XP car since he cut the upper surface of the wheel wells were cut off.

Here in Houston, we have cancelled some larger events but we will have a practice this weekend with limited numbers. We have three clubs that put on autocross here. All three canceled events early in the shutdown, held a few events, and now have cancelled most of the events or moved to a small event format. A normal regional here is 120 drivers, latest event will be about 50-60.

·
Vendor
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had not seen Fred's XP car since he cut the upper surface of the wheel wells were cut off.
Yeah is is on the list of things to fix. We were playing with tall front tires and I wore holes through the fenders at a Pro so seemed like the thing to do. I have the CF, now I gotta find the time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts