The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is with considerable sadness to announce the death of my 2005 Graphite Grey Lotus Elise.

I was T-Boned on 9W near bear mountain NY by a unaccompanied middle aged gentleman with a learner's permit.

He was driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee and attempted to jump from a Hiking pull-off on the shoulder across both of the lines to make a a left turn through a median in the concrete barrier.

The entire right side of the car was destroyed, the airbags popped, and it was totalled.

Miraculously by God's grace, I came out without a scratch, and the other driver wasn't injured either.

The insurance paid out for it, but due to a change in priorities, I won't be replacing the Elise.

I have cherished my 7 years of ownership and the nearly 40,000 miles of sheer enjoyment on road and track.

I don't know if I'll ever have another special car like this, but it was a blast while it lasted.

I will be selling my LSS Rims and Graphite Grey Hardtop once this quarantine is over, but its been a good run all!

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,135 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your accident, glad that you were not hurt, I am sure you will miss your Elise and get another one in the future!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am so sorry to hear about your accident, glad that you were not hurt, I am sure you will miss your Elise and get another one in the future!
Thank you, probably by the time I'm back in the market for another toy Elise's may be so rare or have appreciated so much that I won't be able to afford it!

·
Registered
2005 Elise #3395, Chrome Orange, BOE tune, Exige wheels, splitter
343 Posts
Lee, Wow! Sad news. Sorry for your loss. I do hope you can get back into another little guy. I just got back into another CO '05 after 2 years after totaling my first one. Fond memories of the Bear Mountain cruise. As I write this my morning coffee is sitting on one of your OCD coasters! Noel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts