The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving up to the Glen this Sunday & was wondering if anyone else is planning on attending.

Maybe we can get a few of us to caravan up there.....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess no one is planning on going up to the Glen next week.

Oh Well, I'm on my own......

·
Registered
740 Posts
'Team Waldir' (the garage owner where your car was dyno'd) will be there if I'm correct. So that's the 250WHP yellow Elise that was sitting in the garage when we were there that rainy dyno Saturday.
I can't make it unfortunately, work obligations. Would love to go to GW sometimes but it has to be another time.
Have fun!

·
Registered
740 Posts
You'll love it!
I never did auto X-ing yet, but I think tracking is the most sensational thing you can do with the Lotus, that where it shines!
Great experience

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
'Team Waldir' (the garage owner where your car was dyno'd) will be there if I'm correct. So that's the 250WHP yellow Elise that was sitting in the garage when we were there that rainy dyno Saturday.
I can't make it unfortunately, work obligations. Would love to go to GW sometimes but it has to be another time.
Have fun!
Thanks Enrico, I should have guessed the yellow Elise's pic crew would be up there. I'll reach out to Waldir.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
740 Posts
You'll have an instructor. It's your job to scare the instructor! :D

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'll try... I'm kind of scared!
No need to be scared. You'll learn a lot, and have an instructor with you. Also, Pocono's almost impossible to hurt yourself or your car on. I think of Pocono as pretty sterile, with no elevation change, predominantly slow infield corners and harmless runoff, but it makes it safe for beginners. And if you're running Pocono East, you don't even get on any of the oval turns. Unlike WGI, LRP, there's pretty much nothing to hit.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Thanks everyone :) I'll just take it easy in the beginning and I'll try to learn as much as possible. BTW, it IS Pocono East :D

This is with Motorsports NE, the group I always autocross with. It's $240 for members and $265 for non-members; pretty cheap as far as track days go. There's only 9 of 21 people registered so far.

www.motorsportsne.com ... make an account and register for the event. I'll help if needed as their site can be a pain to use.

·
Registered
740 Posts
That is cheap, just looked at the track map, looks like fun to drive with an Elise, no endless straights.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm driving up to the Glen this Sunday & was wondering if anyone else is planning on attending.

Maybe we can get a few of us to caravan up there.....
I don't know if you have been to the Glen before but I went last fall and it is an amazing track! I was going to go up in a couple of weeks but I'm doing Lime Rock May 2nd and 3rd and will save the Glen for later in the year.

Have fun!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks everyone :) I'll just take it easy in the beginning and I'll try to learn as much as possible. BTW, it IS Pocono East :D

This is with Motorsports NE, the group I always autocross with. It's $240 for members and $265 for non-members; pretty cheap as far as track days go. There's only 9 of 21 people registered so far.

www.motorsportsne.com ... make an account and register for the event. I'll help if needed as their site can be a pain to use.
I did a Pocono East track day with a motorcycle. I think it's a great track for a first track day. Relax and have fun.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Everyone talks about the Glen...I need to see it in person now!
Absolutely awesome track, awesome experience!

I'd been there twice as a spectator years ago but was always somewhat dismissive of what I heard about it from friends and people I race with. Last year I went as a passenger with my buddy driving my Lotus in instructor sessions at the F-car club national meet. Two weeks later I went back with my formula car in what has to be the largest SCCA regional event I've ever seen (about 450 entrants, from as far as CA, for an East Coast regional race!). The track's about 3-1/2 miles long so you see less traffic with a 60-car+ field than at Lime Rock with 25 cars. Had a blast!

The track is very fast, with lots of elevation change and some really scary corners (Turn 7 - the left hand down into the boot comes to mind) but it has a natural flow to it that feels great when you get it.

You also can't help but reflect on the history of the place, as the site of the US Grand Prix for 20 years. It's cool to hang out at the bar at the Seneca Lodge, looking at the Formula 1 laurel wreaths hanging on the wall and reflecting on what the sport was like when the drivers were approachable, all too human, and all too mortal (e.g., Francois Cevert).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts