The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wingless Wonder
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Join your fellow NJ Lotus folks on a visit to Motorcar Manor in Ramsey, NJ, on Sunday, April 22.

We will be presenting a short Scenic Drive around Greenwood Lake and Wanaque Reservoir, beforehand. This Drive will begin at 10:00 AM at HOT BAGELS, 47 Main St, Bloomingdale NJ 07403.

This breakfast & bagel shop is one mile from the Hamburg Turnpike exit off I-287 (Exit 53). There are Sunoco and Valero gas stations near the exit. To get to Hot Bagels, turn left at the end of the exit ramps. It is on your left, just after the junction of Union Avenue (County Rt 511). If the parking lot is crowded, park in the rear lot of Lina's Restaurant, next door. Allow extra time if you want to join us for a bagel & coffee.

When the Drive ends we will be 20 minutes from Motorcar Manor, 16 Arrow Rd, Ramsey NJ 07446. It's a short drive up I287 N to NJ 17 South and onto Lake St/Crescent Ave, then Arrow Rd.

Motorcar Manor is a collector car storage and repair facility. Tours of the many interesting cars will be conducted while we are here. Light refreshments will be provided.

A complete map of our route is here: https://goo.gl/maps/RsACHTQiXqs
You can print turn-by-turn directions if you want!

If you can't wake up in time for the Drive, :panic: at least visit the Manor, around Noon.0:) :wave:

Attachments

·
Wingless Wonder
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Test-drove the Scenic Drive this morning...WONDERFUL twisty roads that are fun, even at less than breakneck speeds! :clap: (Hey, I was on Summer tires in 38F. temps) :(

I SHOULD note, that the starting place's sign in Bloomingdale Plaza just says BAGELS & DELI (pic below). There is plenty of parking in the Plaza's parking lot for our cars.

Attachments

·
Wingless Wonder
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUMP!

Send a PM or respond here if you are coming (for a head-count).

Thanks!

·
Wingless Wonder
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a beautiful, clear day for our drive! From Skyline Drive in Oakland NJ, we could see the Manhattan skyline.

Motorcar Manor was great, also. Owner Matt M gave us a tour of all the interesting vehicles there. Things you don't see everyday, like a Jaguar F1 car, several classic rally cars, and many cars set up for drag racing. (When was the last time you were beaten off the line from a stoplight by a Rambler American? LOL) :laugh2:

Our next NJ Lotus Drive is May 19th, on BRG's Fish & Chips Drive. :UK:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts