The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one recommend me some of the scenic drive routes in and around Denver. Im planning to drive from Kansas to there for 3 to 4 days. So would like to know the best routes where i could enjoy driving my Lotus.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Can some one recommend me some of the scenic drive routes in and around Denver. Im planning to drive from Kansas to there for 3 to 4 days. So would like to know the best routes where i could enjoy driving my Lotus.

Thanks
How about the Mount Evans Scenic Byway?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Independence pass to Aspen via Twin Lakes, Tennessee pass and battle mountain between Leadville and Vail. Monarch pass between Salida and Gunnison. All are very nice drives.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be staying from Aug 12 till Aug 16, just to drive around in my lotus. Anyone is welcome to join :)
Havent decide on the routes yet, will be flexible and decide something based on from this topic in the forum.

·
Nein Kinder
1,568 Posts
@krish-kp - Here are a couple of local trips out of Denver. My wife and I usually take a 350 - 500 mile road trip every weekend in the Lotus.

Golden, CO - Golden Gate Canyon Rd - CO 119 - Coal Creek Canyon Rd - 48 miles / 01:21 hours. Starts in Golden and goes through two very pretty canyons.

Denver - Independence Pass - Denver - 385 miles / 07:00 hours. This takes you out of Denver on Hwy 285, across Independence Pass, through Vail to Glenwood Springs, then back down I-70 to Denver. I-70 is busy westbound Saturday mornings and busy eastbound beginning about 11:00 AM Sunday morning. You can expect 30 - 60 minute delays during those times. There is construction near Glenwood Springs causing 30 minute delays. See CDOT's web page for current road hazards, construction and delays.

Denver - Estes Park - Trail Ridge Road Summit - Granby
- 148 miles / 4 hours (one-way trip). This takes you across the Rockies at over 12,000' MSL on Trail Ridge Road. There's no real short loop back to Denver from Granby, so I'd at least go to the summit on Trail Ridge then double-back to Denver. If you have more time, continue farther west towards Granby, then Winter Park, then I-70 back to Denver. It costs $20 to enter the national park (gate just outside of Estes Park). I've seen lots of elk the last few trips through the park.

Glen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts