The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any picture or instructions on how the Scroth harnesses fit? Ain't received mine yet, so just planning in advance for tomorrow. I know the two shoulder straps wrap round the bar, but any specific way or is it self explanatary?

Also, how do the waist straps fit whilst retaining the standard 3 point belts?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Full instruction details HERE

EDIT TO ADD: Also, Sector 111 has an excellent installation video on its website, you can access HERE

Cheers,
-Grant

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fishguy, got the standard touring seats in at the moment. But whilst the roof is off and I have the harnesses I want to get them fitted hence why I want to keep the 3 points for the moment too until I get the motorsport seats sorted.

Thanks for the links guys.

·
Registered
232 Posts
FRED2602

When you ordered your harnesses did you have to specify the length. Where did you get them?

Very nice setup.

Cheers........Phil

·
Registered
243 Posts
pease of cake
dont worry about it.
I put a 3inch (thought I ordered 2 inch) CROW harness with the sector 111 install kit.
worked ok.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Anyone got any picture or instructions on how the Scroth harnesses fit? Ain't received mine yet, so just planning in advance for tomorrow. I know the two shoulder straps wrap round the bar, but any specific way or is it self explanatary?

Also, how do the waist straps fit whilst retaining the standard 3 point belts?

Read this thread in the meantime: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f100/safety-equipment-thread-13650/

There will be instructions on how to do the actual wrap.
One suggestions - make sure you get the pull-up harnesses for the lap belts - a lot easier to tighten them in the limited space in the car.

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Registered
51 Posts
FRED2602

When you ordered your harnesses did you have to specify the length. Where did you get them?

Very nice setup.

Cheers........Phil
Hi Phil, no need to ask for length or anything else, it's really easy to set.
You can order it here for example:

Harnesses : MSAR-Safety, The Art of Safety

and if you want to keep the stock belts, you can order the following parts:

S111 Harness Hardware - Lotus Elise / Exige / 340R [S111HH] - £24.00 : MSAR-Safety, The Art of Safety

but it's more safe and nice with the harnesses.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you do if the harnesses you got have the quick release buckles and not the normal brackets?? Wonder if Scroth will see the normal brackets seperatly?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but when installing a 4 point harness, what do you do about the red light and beep that signals the standard seat belt isnt being worn? Can this be removed?

Its on an 08 Exige.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but when installing a 4 point harness, what do you do about the red light and beep that signals the standard seat belt isnt being worn? Can this be removed?

Its on an 08 Exige.

Thanks
The driver side seat belt warning system can be disabled by unplugging the 2 bullet connectors UNDER the driver's seat that attache to the seat belt assembly..

Remove seat. You'll see 2 wires attached to the seat itself coming out from the center console. Just take the connector apart. The light and buzzer will no longer work.

If you plan on removing the OEM belts and pre-tensioners, that is a different mod. I can help with that too.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
66 Posts
i plan on keeping the standard belt as well so i presume that wont be nessisry.

Thanks for your help though, im going to install the harness at the weekend, looking at all the guides i can find it should be fairly strait forward. fingers crossed.

thanks

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Thanks for your help though, im going to install the harness at the weekend, looking at all the guides i can find it should be fairly strait forward. fingers crossed.
Here is a pic of the wires I am referring to.

Simple procedure.

Regards,
Wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Harnesses all arrived, gonna do the install this weekend.

Just one tiny extra question, the labels that are at the bottem of each strap that are made of a kind of strong paper, am i ok to remove these? they look crap and i presume you all have done the same as i cant see them on anyones pics, but just want to make sure its not going to cause any problems with stitching etc.

Thanks

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
Just one tiny extra question, the labels that are at the bottem of each strap that are made of a kind of strong paper, am i ok to remove these? ...
The labels don't add any safety to the harness. They do contain important info that some race orgs will require - like expiration date. I would leave them on, just in case.

If you remove them, just be careful not to cut the harnesses.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts