The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just installed the 4 point Schroths using the Sector 111 hardware kit. My car has the exige seats in it. The install causes the inner stock seat belt latch to fit more vertically and less on an angle towards the middle of the seat. When I scoot my seat forward, the latch is doing a major scrap job against the console. I called Schroth to ask about a clip-on alternative but they don't have one for the Elise. Anyone come up with a way to configure the inside harness mounting to avoid this problem?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed the 4 point Schroths using the Sector 111 hardware kit. My car has the exige seats in it. The install causes the inner stock seat belt latch to fit more vertically and less on an angle towards the middle of the seat. When I scoot my seat forward, the latch is doing a major scrap job against the console. I called Schroth to ask about a clip-on alternative but they don't have one for the Elise. Anyone come up with a way to configure the inside harness mounting to avoid this problem?
I'm now in the same position - what did you do about it?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

I believe you're looking to do something like this to address the situation...

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/bolts-schroth-harness-15567/

If so, I have two sets of machined mounting hardware lying around here somewhere if you're interested. Worked great for me.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Frank, PM sent!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had to remove my handbrake leather cover as that was preventing me moving the seat forward. With a little playing I managed to get everything fitted ok.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts