The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont get me wrong... I respect the idea of cheap efficient transportation and think scions are good for that... but what gets me is the marketing ploy "Hey ricers with no jobs put shiny bits on this for no reason!"

I say :thwack:toyota for encouraging this crap! it was bad enough without corporate endorsement

live above the influence... say no to rice

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I like their current ad campaign, "What makes us different is what brings us together.", what a happy thought. It couldn't be that they came together because they like to modify the same brand of vehicle? -poke-

It's ok, I recall reading a news report that Scion was marketing towards or is considered a gay/lesbian friendly brand. I think Subaru falls into that category too. rotfl

I hate marketing in general, it's all kind of ridiculous and truly can't believe it works on people...

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Is it me? Or does the Scion xB look like the illegitimate love child of a Chevy Astro Van and a Geo?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
You just wait till the Nissan Cube gets here.

Tho if I needed a small car I'd totally buy a Nissan March. rotfl

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I like their current ad campaign, "What makes us different is what brings us together.", what a happy thought. It couldn't be that they came together because they like to modify the same brand of vehicle? -poke-

It's ok, I recall reading a news report that Scion was marketing towards or is considered a gay/lesbian friendly brand. I think Subaru falls into that category too. rotfl

I hate marketing in general, it's all kind of ridiculous and truly can't believe it works on people...
Agreed...but it sure does work profoundly. This comes to mind...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZyQjr1YL0zg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZyQjr1YL0zg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
MY wife just bought a new XB.....

We drove the Murano, X5, Toureg, sequoia ect and she liked this little thing the most!

The only mods she will be doing is a better set of wheels though lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
XB are cool!

We have a Scion XB and simply love the car. It is the limited edition yellow '05 model. It's good on gas, cool looking, and reliable! And yes, it looks good next to our Elise. As far as being marketed to GLBT folks. Who cares... Also, don't discriminate just be thankful we have choices. Don't be a hater! We are so glad our car buddies with true exotics (Lambos, Ford GT, Aston, etc) don't have the same snobby attitude. We believe, if you enjoy it, then so be it.

We just drove our Viper and Lotus to a coffee and cars this morning and the guys all believe them to be two very different vehicles for two very different driving conditions. I say let the the Scion folks enjoy their toys! Also, regarding cheap and efficient, the Scion brands retains more of its value than the Elise! After 3 years depreciation on the Scion is roughly 12-15%. Shall we discuss depreciation on the Elise...

Ivory

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
My GF has one. They are great cars. Well engineered.

I really don't get your point.

BTW - The love of cars and mods is universal no matter your wallet. Everyone can have dreams and goals no matter the car. Now sometimes they are misplaced, but I don't want to knock anyone (even bit my lip on Elise with TVs in the seats).

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
like I said I like the cars... I just think marketing them as "tuner" cars(and by tuner I mean put colorful and shiny things on them) is a bit absurd

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I even think marketing them that way is fine. But the specific slogan is stupid as heck.

"What makes us different is what brings us together." ?????

What's that saying? Be unique, like everybody else!

xtn

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I like their current ad campaign, "What makes us different is what brings us together.", what a happy thought.

Remember! "You are unique, just like everyone else..."

I liked the look of the original Xa but with power that could best be described as anemic... :(

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
the xb is sorta cool...its different, its roomy in the back.
the xa is is just another small college kid car like the xb, but not so different.

isnt 1 chick car in the garage enough?
theyre all kinda ghey.
:)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Scion: "For when you get tired of Hondas but still haven't figured out why FWD is lame." :p

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
there are vette owners that think the elise is for sissies,there are viper owners that think the vette is for sissies. there are lambo owners that think vipers are for sissies. i think if they like it and they can afford it, we are complete arseholes to shell them. and by we, i mean not me.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
^^^ Why so politically correct? (not really directed solely at you, but it seems that there are soo many apologists/PC-people out there nowadays--can't something suck anymore? LOL!)

YouTube - Buy The World a Coke 1984 Christmas version

^^^ Sh*t I swear I feel like I'm hearing the automotive equivalent of that.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
it's got nothing to do with that at all. i just think it is priggish(extremely) to look down your nose at the scion crowd because you are a "cool" lotus person. this is the best most of those people can do for the moment. you just sound elitist in this thread.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts