The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Art I was looking over the driver pax's, and I noticed how high mine was. I was surprised that my was higher than yours. How did you come up with them?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Chris Robertson said:
Art I was looking over the driver pax's, and I noticed how high mine was. I was surprised that my was higher than yours. How did you come up with them?
You can see the formula on the drivers tab. It was based on the index time differential between your time and the top time for that event. Because you didn't attend the last event I had to go back to the Norton Event which I believe you won in your class.

Art

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh that makes sense. I guess you didn't have the PAX'ed times from one of the other events. I've done 3 championships, and the Norton one was my first. I just looked at the other events and I saw that you were always a number of sets above me in the paxed results (but I didn't go back to Norton).

I thought it was pretty interesting that all of our times were pretty close together, with the expection of the couple of outliers; TJ, Bob and Darryl. Everyone else was in a pretty tight group. I think our system works pretty well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm surprised that people haven't caught the *car* paxes...something seems to be amiss.

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Larry what do you mean? I looked at mine, and I know it's correct. I don't know about any other's though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Larry Andrews said:
I'm surprised that people haven't caught the *car* paxes...something seems to be amiss.
The STX pax is wrong. It should be .801 instead it's the same as STS.

Art

·
Registered
146 Posts
I fixed the pax's on the driver sheet and we have new results! :(
Team I used to drive a Kart is now the winner! Team Spin is second and team Girl Power is still third but closer in time.

The new file is uploaded on SCNAX. Oh well lets bring the trophies to the next meet and swap them.

Art

·
Registered
146 Posts
Based on PAX time before the drivers PAX Team spin would have won! 1986 sec vs 2030 for Team We Used to drive a Kart!

Bob B driver's pax killed us! But Bob improved his driving the more than anyone else hence his low adjusted time. Good driving Bob!

Art

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Art I also noticed that you didn't put my car into SK2. I don't think it'll affect the outcome, but I wanted to use the SK2 PAX since I was on street tires.

Bob you did do a great job, but Darryl did too. Most of us just did the same old same old.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just curious...

I was wondering why the MR2 has a different PAX for the two teams that drove it. Team Girl Power had the car under ES with a higher PAX that Team We Used to Have a Kart.. that had it in either ES or SK2 (I couldn't tell from the worksheet). I dont' know that it makes a difference, but I was wondering why that is. ;)

I am still learning about the PAX craziness with cars and drivers...:D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Chris Robertson said:
Larry what do you mean? I looked at mine, and I know it's correct. I don't know about any other's though.
Well, the Girl Power team got a harder pax for the same MR2 that we drove; the STX pax was too easy and the street tire pax wasn't evenly applied. (0.010 difference in some cases, 0.033 on one other) I can't find our local SK paxes, so I don't know what the correct numbers should be, but they should be the same. From my best guess, I'd have thought that my team would have been worse off, not better...

I'm not saying that any of this was intentional, and I'd prefer not to change the results. Just noticed some discrepancies and wondered why noone else did. :)

Personally, I was most impressed with the girls. They hung in there and drove pretty dang well. Also, Darryl really impressed me by putting in screaming times in the S2K, not an easy car to drive fast.

I really had a great time too. Just wish that my dumb voice was working. Apologies to anyone that I grumped at, it was *really* frustrating not to be able to speak.

:) -la

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sit tight guys. I sent Art a bunch of corrections to the excel file yesterday afternoon. He just hasn't seen my e-mail yet.

ART check your aol account.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

·
Registered
146 Posts
OK I uploaded the final final results. Jay fixed every error except the one Steve found.

In first place with a total time of 1,775.985 is Team I used to drive a Kart!

In Second Place with a total time of 1,801.058 is Team Spin

In Third Place with a total time of 1,813.856 is Team Girl Power.

Sorry for the mistakes but I tried to update everything late Friday night and obviously made some mistakes. It was not my intent to cheat. I would have been crazy to try with all the math and computer nerds in the club!

Art

·
Registered
118 Posts
Maybe we need a Milli Vanilli style ceramony stripping Team spin of their ill gotten trophies.

Is it just me, or is this makeing the competition more fun. :D

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah, all this carping about math mistakes is kinda fun! :)

And I noticed that Team Girl Power is still getting gypped on the MR2 pax in the final, final results. And STX is still too easy. I don't think Team I Used to Drive a Kart is as well off as it might look.

STX needs to be 0.801 and both teams should have the same pax for the MR2, which seems like it should be 0.792! That's only fair...the SK correction on every other car pax was 0.010 subtracted from the regular pax. (I also don't know if that's accurate, seems like race tires are a bigger advantage than that! The difference between DSP and STS is 0.036!) This could make a whole new set of results! :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Larry Andrews said:
Yeah, all this carping about math mistakes is kinda fun! :)

And I noticed that Team Girl Power is still getting gypped on the MR2 pax in the final, final results. And STX is still too easy. I don't think Team I Used to Drive a Kart is as well off as it might look.

STX needs to be 0.801 and both teams should have the same pax for the MR2, whatever it is! That's only fair...
Okay, I see the MR2 problem now. The look up table is confused because it call for SK2/ES rather than just ES.

If I play with these numbers long enough I can probably get any team to win. The bribery begins.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

·
Registered
146 Posts
woodrufj said:
Maybe we need a Milli Vanilli style ceramony stripping Team spin of their ill gotten trophies.

Is it just me, or is this makeing the competition more fun. :D

Jay W
505/287 Dakota
OK I think Jay and I have finally got everything right. I uploaded the final final results. It was very close but Team Kart is still in first place.

In first place with a total time of 1,800.579 is Team I used to drive a Kart! In first place by .479 sec.

In Second Place with a total time of 1,801.058 is Team Spin

In Third Place with a total time of 1,813.856 is Team Girl Power.

If I would not have coned all those runs in Chris's car we could have kept the trophies! :(

Art

·
Registered
118 Posts
Larry Andrews said:
1.) I don't think Team I Used to Drive a Kart is as well off as it might look.

2.) That's only fair...the SK correction on every other car pax was 0.010 subtracted from the regular pax. (I also don't know if that's accurate, seems like race tires are a bigger advantage than that! The difference between DSP and STS is 0.036!)
1.) Oh my, Larry, changing the MR2 and STX paxes, did you get the same results I did?!?

2.) Art's multipling .987 as an additional street tire pax, not subtracting ##s. I personally think that's not enough, but it's a judgement call due to it being Norton.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow, taking Art's latest file and dividing the total times by 48 (4 people * 4 cars * 3 runs). You get the following average handicaped times

Spin = 37.522 seconds
Girl = 37.789 seconds
Kart = 37.512 seconds

I guess we did a good job normalizing every driver.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

1 - 20 of 40 Posts