The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Were these the three cars they were expecting last week?
If so, and if my count's correct, that make a total of four car that have been delivered.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Storm Titanium is much darker than Arctic Silver. The ST is more of a grey that also has a slight brown cast to it. Arctic Silver on the other hand is a very white silver. The three pictures that I have above are all Arctic Silver.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
AZSTAR, did Dan mention when the next shippment is due to arrive? I know they're suppose to get 2-3 every week.

I'm reluctant to keep pestering them every week. ;) Now that my delivery, in theory, is weeks a way, I'm starting to get even more antsy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was in a rush the last time that I was in, but I thought he said next week. Not sure, though.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I spoke briefly with Dan yesterday and got a few updates. Please keep in mind these are just approximate times.

I asked if a Bordeaux car was coming in and one will arrive in mid to late October. That would be car number 12. My car (now number 14) should arrive around that time.

Scottsdale has received port dates for the first ten cars only. So far, three cars have been delivered and one Arctic Silver will be delivered this week.

Hope this information helps any Scottsdale waiters.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
I spoke briefly with Dan yesterday and got a few updates. Please keep in mind these are just approximate times.

I asked if a Bordeaux car was coming in and one will arrive in mid to late October. That would be car number 12. My car (now number 14) should arrive around that time.

Scottsdale has received port dates for the first ten cars only. So far, three cars have been delivered and one Arctic Silver will be delivered this week.

Hope this information helps any Scottsdale waiters.
' Tipping' must be more than average at the restaurants in Scottsdale if a bunch of 'waiters' have been able to afford the Elise.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
' Tipping' must be more than average at the restaurants in Scottsdale if a bunch of 'waiters' have been able to afford the Elise.
Not just Scottsdale. From what I've seen on the Elisetalk, it seems the heaviest represented occupations here are waiters. :cool:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
BTW, I had a chance to take a test drive over the 5,500 rpm limit today. Wow. They are right, the car does want to pull -even at speeds close to 100 mph. It kepts wanting more. :clap:

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Hey AZ guys,

I'm going to be in Tucson from Oct 11 to 21st. Does Dan still have his demo car? He may remember me from last December. I drove all the way up from Tucson during my last trip to drive the 120 hp car.

I know the car is black, is it LSS also? DOes it have the stage 2 exhaust?

thanks!

well, i just read on another thread that steadicam from california flew out there just to drive the demo because no one can drive a demo in California. So, I'd say i have a great chance to do it also. I'd be there on the 16th I'd say, in case you guys are free to come down and invade the dealership LOL.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Shay2nak,

Yes the Black demo at Scottsdale, is LSS, and Touring also. But I must say that I have been for rides in two OTHER LSS cars since then, and the other two are nowhere near as harsh as the Scottsdale one. Why? I don't know. Maybe they have that adjustable suspension cranked all the way down. But I can tell you that it is not representative of the other LSS's I've been in.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Shay2nak, I believe the demo car is still there. You may want to call just to double check. But I do know it does not have the sports exhaust.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Hi Steadicam
The LSS was more harsh than the others? That's good. I guess it won't get any worse than that. LOL I'll ask if they did lower the car.
Thanks!
Ara

Hi Allan,
I'm going to drive up to Scottsdale anyway, but I'll definitely call before I go.
Thanks!
Ara

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ara -

I wish I could be there to "invade" the dealership, but I will be out of town.

I'm sure Dan will take you for a great test drive. He loves these cars and clearly enjoys introducing drivers to the Elise experience. I'm looking forward to getting back to drive the car at higher rpms. My test drive was back when it just had a couple hundred miles on it. The drive was great fun, but I want to experience its full potential -- as much as you can on city streets.:D

Have fun at the dealership and welcome back to Arizona.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
the reason the silver car looks too dark in some images is related to the camera light meter. meters do one thing- they attempt to force the scene being photographed into being a "medium tone" image. silver is lighter than medium tone. in a scene to be photographed, if there is an extensive light toned object (a silver elise for example) the entire image will be darkened. were the scene wider with more tonality distribution across the meter's sensitive area the tone would be rendered more realistically. in this case note the other cars in the image which are obviously too dark. here, photoshop is your friend. a test for how well a correction has been made is a simple sanity check of the tones of other ojects such as background trees, buildings, other cars- or even lotus emblems. to wit:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts