The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've decided to pass on my spot for this year. I think I'm going to use the money I've saved to buy some property or something. Anyway, as long as Scottsdale Lotus will allow it, I'll give up my spot to whoever wants it.

I plopped down $1000 last October for spot #69 & still have it on refundable hold. If anyone will match that $1000 it's theirs.

I know I keep thinkin about hanging on to it & trying to make some bux on the back side when people see them hitting the street, but I'd rather just be done with it :(

So, if you're in the area or want to jump in line - I'm not looking to make anything off it. Heck, if you're later in line out there, you could probably just move it on up too.

Anyway, the first email to:

I.Want.Spot.69.With.Scottsdale.Lotus (at) Filthyjason (dot) com

will have first dibs.

As the subject hints, I've been told it's spot 53ish right now & it's looking at a Spring time delivery.

I've emailed out to a few friends too, so if you are serious, shoot me something right away!

~FilthyJason

·
Registered
609 Posts
Please just get your money back...

FilthyJason,

I'm about #68 now at Scottsdale. Sorry to hear you won't be taking the car, but TBH the best thing you could do (if you're not looking to make any money out of this) would be to just drop out. AFAIK, Scottsdale are moving people up the list when there are drop outs; that would make me #67 - woot! :rolleyes:

If you allow someone else to jump in line ahead of me that would really be quite unfair. :no:

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Many of the sales contracts are not really transferable / assignable. You'd have to read them carefully. In some cases if the original "buyer" doesn't buy the car, it's up to the dealer what to do with that spot. Move everyone else up, allow the person to show up with another buyer, insert new charges or whatever.

Stan

·
Registered
186 Posts
Re: Please just get your money back...

roadrunner said:
FilthyJason,

I'm about #68 now at Scottsdale. Sorry to hear you won't be taking the car, but TBH the best thing you could do (if you're not looking to make any money out of this) would be to just drop out. AFAIK, Scottsdale are moving people up the list when there are drop outs; that would make me #67 - woot! :rolleyes:

If you allow someone else to jump in line ahead of me that would really be quite unfair. :no:
Why don't you buy his spot and get a refund on yours? Do it sneaky like that. Moves you up a good 15 spots.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Why don't you buy his spot and get a refund on yours? Do it sneaky like that. Moves you up a good 15 spots.<<<

Well depending upon the wording of the sales contract and the dealer, this could leave him with no real spot on the list.

Stan

·
Registered
609 Posts
Re: Re: Please just get your money back...

amcmahon said:
Why don't you buy his spot and get a refund on yours? Do it sneaky like that. Moves you up a good 15 spots.
Because that would then be unfair to #54 through #67... :no:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well for what it's worth, I'm going to try this tomorrow. I've received an email from someone who's in the low 100's. I don't know what the policy is out there @ Scottsdale, but either way I'll be getting refunded. I'm not sure if they'll let me trade my spot first or not.

It seems they can't keep the #'s straight down there anyway. I've been told I was in the high 40's about 2 months ago & then I'm 53ish? I dunno how they are keeping track.

Anyway, we'll wait and see if I can help out a late comer to the Elise waiting list, if not then everyone behind me will move up one ;)

Oh & just to make sure as I received a few confused emails, I'm not selling my spot for an extra $1000, I just need to make sure I get my $1000 back.

~FJ

·
Registered
609 Posts
That's just not right!

FilthyJason said:
Well for what it's worth, I'm going to try this tomorrow. I've received an email from someone who's in the low 100's. I don't know what the policy is out there @ Scottsdale, but either way I'll be getting refunded. I'm not sure if they'll let me trade my spot first or not.

It seems they can't keep the #'s straight down there anyway. I've been told I was in the high 40's about 2 months ago & then I'm 53ish? I dunno how they are keeping track.

Anyway, we'll wait and see if I can help out a late comer to the Elise waiting list, if not then everyone behind me will move up one ;)

Oh & just to make sure as I received a few confused emails, I'm not selling my spot for an extra $1000, I just need to make sure I get my $1000 back.

~FJ
What are you thinking??:confused:

Look, by "helping out" some poor unfortunate who happened to sign up months after I did, you are doing me (and anyone > #53) a disservice. Why the hell should this guy get his car before me and everyone else that signed up before him? You should just drop out - you'll get your $1,000 back, and everyone below you will move up one space.

As far as not being able to keep track of numbers, Dan's responses to me have always seemed consistent. They now even have some sort of printed list that they are working from.

I sure hope Dan and the guys there don't permit you to do this - it's just wrong.:no:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Last time I checked I was #60 and I agree with Roadrunner. I personally don't think Scottsdale will allow you you to give your spot to someone else.
Sorry to hear you can't hold out.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Seems like there've been some significant drop-outs. I just found out today that I went from #7 to #3 (or #2 if you count the demo car that's #1). Although, it has been over two and a half years since I put down my deposit- I'm sure a lot can go on in someone's life in that amount of time that may make them have to give up their spot...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts