The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Los Angeles and no dealerships in this area are allowing test drives, but two weeks ago when I was calling around, Chip at Scottsdale Lotus was extremely nice to me on the phone and said he'd be happy to give my wife and me a test drive. So we booked two plane tickets to Arizona for last Saturday (Labor Day weekend). Our plan was to get there, drive the car, and fly back to L.A. several hours later.
The monday before we were to go, Chip learned that the dealership had made a last minute decision to be CLOSED for the entire Labor Day weekend! Chip asked me if I had already bought my tickets and I said yes, I had. He then said "Let me see what I can do, I'll call you back." I get a call back from him and find out he has volunteered to come in on Saturday just for us! Saturday comes and we get there at around noon and the dealership is dark inside, but he's there waiting. He unlocks the door, lets us in, and locks it back up. Then we head to the back where Elise awaits us. (walking by the F40 that's just sitting there in the showroom! and a couple of Diablo's, and a Shelby One)
He rolls up the back door, backs the Elise out, (black, LSS, Touring) and my wife gets her drive, then I get mine. AMAZING. It really is basically a race car/go kart. We have a Mini Cooper S that we thought handled well, and tracked like a slot car. The Elise makes our Mini seem like it handles like a '75 Gremlin with a set of weights in the back. (not that there's anything wrong with a '75 Gremlin).
After the drive, he graciously spent some time with us and then gave us a video on the whole Elise Project! Then he took us to the front, and unlocked the door to let us out. People were there at the door and asked if he had the Elise! He explained that they did have it, but were closed.
We went back to the airport talking non stop about our great day! Hats off to Chip and Scottsdale Lotus.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
If that is not dedication, I don't know what is...it is also absolute craziness!!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Scottsdale Lotus seems to have a pretty good reputation in the Lotus community. I've mostly dealt the Dan Caplan and it's good to know that his other colleagues are as dedicated and professional as he his.

http://www.lotusofscottsdale.com/othercars.html

I think it takes a lot more patience to be a Lotus sales person at this time considering the cars aren't out yet and their a lot of enthusiasm building which results in a lot of constant calls and customer frustrations, etc.

In contrast, a Porsche or BMW sales person usually has the cars there, the deal can made relatively quickly, and then he can get his commission a few days or weeks later. The time to commission ratio aren't in the Lotus sales reps favor.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hooray for glimmers of great customer service when/where it occurs!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I completely agree!! My experience with Scottsdale Lotus and Dan in particular has been great. Although I stop by frequently, I never get the feeling that I am annoying anyone at the dealership.

As important to me, is the fact that I never get the feeling that my kids annoy anyone there, either. My kids are just as excited as I am and want to see each different color as it arrives.

Kudos to Scottsdale Lotus!!!

Keep up the good work and great customer service. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I agree

:clap: I have also had a great experience with Scottsdale Lotus and my rep, dan. They seem to really take time when we come it.

Thanks guys,

Paul

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yup!

I have to agree also - Dan has always been very helpful to me. These guys deserve all the success in the world...:bow:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts