The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a big bend in the piece of aluminum that's attached to my clam on the bottom. I can't tell if it came with the bend or my run-ins with driveways have done more than scrape my body. It kind of feels like it's meant to be there, anyone know?

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
That panel shouldn't be bent, but it would be easy to distort with clam contact on a driveway. Can you post a photo of the bend so we can see what you are describing?

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
There are several "bends" in the aluminum panel at the front of the car. There are the large bends that are at the sides and back of the panel (marked with arrows in the below picture of my passenger side -- these are very obvious). There are also 3 separate bends in the front for attachment points. These are the ones to which I think you may be referring. These are not so obvious as they aren't seen, being hidden by the clam. There is a long bent section along each side of the front (double headed arrow showing approximate extent of "bend") and a small bent section at the center attachment point (arrowed as well).

DSCN1935.JPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts