The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was tired this morning when I filled up my Elise and as I pulled away from the gas pump I had forgotten that it had a protruding concrete curb. I now have a nice 6 inch by 1/4 inch scratch on my back right rim :mad:

Can anyone out the advise on how to repair it (I found this: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/realwhda.html)? Does anyone know how to color match the rim's or even better the exact paint to use? To the best of my knowledge they are standard?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Charlie

·
Registered
817 Posts
I did something similar... I took my car to Specialty Car Craft in LA and they fixed it. The wheel looked brand new when done. I posted about it so you can search under my threads... Good luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Cali, that's very helpful and located your post. Would prefer to do it on my own, for the simple reason my wife is due any day now and I have no idea when I will have time to get them! At least DIYing it I can feed and change diapers in between :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
No problemo... I'm not much of a DIYer, but I'm sure a simple solution is out there. Good luck with the baby and remember that you can get your wife to the hospital much quicker in the Elise!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts