The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mods have you guys used to stop people and yourself scuffing the flat entry sills on your Elise/Exige?

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
BRG has them.
Lotus Elise and Exige Sill Protector

I have a set and they serve the purpose they were made for but everything drug across them will catch and peel up or break pieces off the edge. Especially high heels with buckles.

My advice, get a set but before you install them go to a graphics shop and get a yard of 3m carbon fiber vinyl. Use them as a template and when they wear out and get cracked and such. Then replace them with the 3M protectors you made.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
BRG has them.

Lotus Elise and Exige Sill Protector

I have a set and they serve the purpose they were made for but everything drug across them will catch and peel up or break pieces off the edge. Especially high heels with buckles.

My advice, get a set but before you install them go to a graphics shop and get a yard of 3m carbon fiber vinyl. Use them as a template and when they wear out and get cracked and such. Then replace them with the 3M protectors you made.

I typically try to avoid driving in high heels altogether ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
831 Posts
A can of black plastic dye makes them look like new. The plastic is pretty tough, it's hard to really physically score them up.

·
Registered
2005 Elise #3935, Chrome Orange, BOE tune, Exige wheels, splitter
358 Posts
Gaffer tape

Clean up the scuffs and then put some black gaffer tape* on the sills. It will protect them and when the tape gets ratty looking, peel it off and reapply with new. The adhesive is pretty rugged so removing the adhesive from the sill requires something like go gone.

*gaffer tape is very heavy duty canvas backed adhesive tape. Comes in colors and shiny or matte.

Noel

·
Registered
273 Posts
I covered mine. I have some residual glue to clean up, but once in the car it should do ok. I got these leather bits off ebay

McKinney-20140225-01206.jpg

McKinney-20140225-01207.jpg

McKinney-20140226-01209.jpg

McKinney-20140226-01210.jpg

McKinney-20140226-01211.jpg

·
Registered
533 Posts
Link please! Is that the stuff that was discussed earlier this year? Was waiting to see if someone would be a guinea pig for this. How do you like it?

·
Registered
273 Posts
The seller on Ebay is topgaiters from the UK, not sure if this was discussed in another thread, I only joined recently. Overall this is a good product, good leather and a decent fit. I got the center console as well. For the price, they are a fair buy in my opinion. It took some patience and some advice I got from my Uncle which was an immense help. He did upholstery for Ferrari for 17 years. Best advice he gave me was to lay it all out on a table, sample how it all fits together as if it was complete, test fit to see it and visualize the finished product then do small sections. That is my translation from his Italian to my English. The end result I say is not so bad for a white boy from The Bronx :D
I can take any pics you like and post them here, but they are from a phone so consider the quality.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The seller on Ebay is topgaiters from the UK, not sure if this was discussed in another thread, I only joined recently. Overall this is a good product, good leather and a decent fit. I got the center console as well. For the price, they are a fair buy in my opinion. It took some patience and some advice I got from my Uncle which was an immense help. He did upholstery for Ferrari for 17 years. Best advice he gave me was to lay it all out on a table, sample how it all fits together as if it was complete, test fit to see it and visualize the finished product then do small sections. That is my translation from his Italian to my English. The end result I say is not so bad for a white boy from The Bronx :D
I can take any pics you like and post them here, but they are from a phone so consider the quality.
Nice job there fella, I went for a more simple home made answer,I will post piccy's later.

·
Vendor
3,335 Posts
Blackwatch Has the sill protectors also. One of the first products we did for the car. In stock!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts