The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the obligatory scuffs on my seat bolsters - from getting in and out, wallet and of course, by bedazzled jorts!!

Anyhoo, the scuffs were pissing me off. I hate looking at them.

I searched and searched and found a billion products. Wound up going with this stuff.

Scuffmaster | Leather Colours | Leather Dyes

The scuffs were just abrasions, not rips/tears that I had to fill. Just did my seats last night and they look AWESOME. Super easy and a perfect match.

Basically, when you order it you specify 'black for Lotus Elise black leather seats'. Not sure about red or biscuit. Gonna order another kit to repair the wheel on my wife's 'Wheat Leather' Infiniti.

Process is simple - clean the hell out of the area (I used Lexol). Then you use the little sponge that comes in the kit and dab it on. Let it sit a bit and wipe off (and you can dilute and 'colour wash' if you like). No need for the glossifier or to use toner to change the color a bit. Matches perfectly.

After 24 hours (tonite) you condition the seats with some nice leather conditioner (tons of them on the market) - the company also sells one. I've got an Autoglym bottle I've had laying around.

Done.

Literally a 10 minute job. I had my seats out of the car so even easier.

I maybe used 1/20th of the bottle. If you have a multiple owners, you can buy one bottle and have a scuff dying party! I'll keep mine on hand and it will last as long as I own the car.

It's from the UK (fitting) and it's around $18 or so and takes about a week to get to the US and A.

Before Pic (no need for After Pic - looks exactly the same as new):

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
yeah, that's like setting up a great joke and skipping the punch line, saying "its funny" ;) I'd love to see after pics, I have some spots just like that.

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
yes, show us the "money"

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trust me. I'm in sales.

Will get 'after' pics later tonite.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Trust me. I'm in sales.

Will get 'after' pics later tonite.
And so are those guys that peddle snake oil. Pics or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Pics or ban.

I didn't see an option there for Elise black:
LOTUS
Esprit 1980 red
Esprit 1986 beige
Esprit 1987 l/grey
Esprit 2002 black.
Esprit 1991 d/beige
Esprit 1989 "Biscuit"
Esprit S4 ? "Raven" [XX13]
Esprit 1981
Esprit SE ’89 d/magnolia
Esprit ’82 "Gold" [79]
Esprit ’90. "Mushroom"
Esprit 2002 red.
Esprit ’83 cherry red
Esprit 1978 d/red
Esprit ’86 & ‘92 beige yellow tint
Esprit ’94 l/beige
Esprit turbo Col’ Edition blue.
Esprit SE ’98, l/beige
Esprit ’85 "Sand"
Esprit Turbo ’88 "Sand"
Eclat ’79 d/red
Elite, ’76 d/red
Excel SE Hethel Celb’ ’91 l/tan
Excel ’85 beige yellow tint
Excel '98 mushroom
Excel ’98 d/blue
Excel ’98 blue
Excel 1984 Pale Blue
Elan 90’s red try colour
Elan 90’s m/grey & d/grey try
Elan 90’s yellow try colour
Elan ’95 Royal blue.
Elan S2 ’97 d/blue
Elan 95 Royal blue
Elan 90’s Light Tan
Elise ’94 d/magnolia
Elise 2002 d/red
Elise ’99 Magnolia
Elise 1998 Red faded to orange
Elise ? Bobbin Blue
Elise Mk 1 1997 Raffa
Espirit HC, 1986, Bright Red
Excel. 1989. Very Dark Grey
Lotus Evora, 2012, 'Venom Red'
Lotus Evara, 2010, Pebble
Old Black
Back to the Index

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It wasn't specified. I just listed 2008 Lotus Elise Black Leather in the comments and when they ask the vehicle at order check out. What came was a perfect match.

Here are the after pics. Literally can't tell the scuffs were there. Keep in mind, I didn't have to FILL any holes - just fix the scuffs. For filling holes/sanding/etc, that's a different product. Not bad for an $18 fix.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW, it really comes alive when you hit it up with the leather conditioner (after 24 hours).

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Looks darker, no? Maybe just the lighting?-poke-

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Just shot them an email to see if they can work up a kit for me for my Oyster leather in the Evora. Black and White - lets see what happens.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have exaclty the same problem on my driver's seat bolster and just went ahead and ordered this. I didn't see a 2001 Esprit listed but went with the 2002 as it should be close enough and hopefully won't need the toner to match up.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Nice thanks for posting! I'm in for a set in the spring, garage is too cold to brave right now.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Are the bolsters on my '05 non-touring pack elise leather or vinyl? I've never really paid that much attention to them.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Are the bolsters on my '05 non-touring pack elise leather or vinyl? I've never really paid that much attention to them.
'05 non-touring pack they were leather. Cloth inserts, leather bolsters, funky synthetic wear panel on the edges.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just shot them an email to see if they can work up a kit for me for my Oyster leather in the Evora. Black and White - lets see what happens.

Did they get back to you on this? Oyster is in my upcoming Evora too...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts