The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your help, I have a Nikon D50 and want to purchase a SD card, my understanding was the D50 only takes 2GB maximum SD card size but a friend directed me to this SD/SDHC card and says you can use, is he correct? he mention something about reformatting using a card reader so if he's correct, how do I reformat the card? cause the camera will reformat @ GB only??? I don't mind losing the $18 but I already have a small collection of cards. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
My advice would be to see if you can find one to borrow and test. If the camera will only support 2GB it's not going to be able to use an sdhc. but weirder things have happened. It might require a software update to the camera to work.

Another thing i'd suggest is call Nicon's support line and ask them.

and last but not least:

Is there any way to make a Nikon D50 work with SDHC memory cards? - Quora

Looks grim.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Will,

The D50 does not support SDHC. You will not be able to format a card larger than 2GB with the camera but it will write to a larger card if you format it elsewhere first. Otherwise 2GB is your limit.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Still have my D50 along with a 4GB SD card that is not labeled as an HC, it works with that (at full capacity) or the few older 2GB but the SDHC that are 8GB and up are a no go.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I'll try to find a standard 4GB card, I've contacted a few sellers via email but no response yet, I'll keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys i purchased 2 4GB topram chips and they work great, i went from 273 high rez raw image capability from each 2GB chip to 531 each with the 4GB, awesome!!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
On a side note, does anyone have the early touring package radio that reads SD cards with MP3 files or other music written to them?
Blaupaunkt says that the Los Angeles radio only works with cards up to 1GB, however it is getting harder to find them, so I have just been putting MP# files onto a CD and playing them it in the stereo. However it would be nice to program everything into a larger card so that I didnt have to carry CDs around.

I know we arent in the 90'[s anymore, I should just buy a new radio an get an Ipod!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts