The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have some insight on Hella part numbers?

I think the Hella PN for the OEM light is 1NL 004 840-00
Here are some for a mere $750...
Pair Vintage Hella Fog Lights for Lotus Esprit BMW VW Rolls Rover Very RARE | eBay

However, there are some other Hella lights that start with 1NL 004 840-xx...
For Man busses:
Recambios de Faro antiniebla de HELLA

Opal Vectra:
Opel Vectra A Hella Nebelscheinwerfer Hella 1NL 004 840-071 | eBay

Even Hymer motorhomes:
HELLA 1NL 004 840-081 (1NL004840081) Fog Light

The housings all appear identical for anything starting with 1NL 004 840, perhaps just different connectors and/or Hella assigned different part numbers to different OEM customers.

...just looking at all available options to save a buck.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Brake cooling ducts would definitely be useful with your bespoke brakes.

Those fog lights look amazingly sturdy--not like the flimsy all-plastic fog lights (that seem to weigh as much as a tennis ball) you find on newer cars.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pics guys...much appreciated.
I may take you up on your offer, Travis, but at this point I'm really curious to see if I can find a source for new ones.

I'm virtually positive that the Hella lights on MAN trucks were the same except for the connectors. There seems to be a healthy level of NOS units available but they all seem to be in Germany/Poland/Russia.
I just need to find someone who will sell them to me. I haven't found anyone on ebay selling them who will ship to the US and all of my emails have been unanswered.

Here's a new pair that didn't manage to sell at the opening bid of 1 Euro:
2x Nebelscheinwerfer Hella 1NL 004 840-081 links + rechts | eBay

Here's another listing selling pairs for 120 Euros, listing says more than 10 available:
Nebelscheinwerfer Hella Elektrik Li re 1252564 | eBay

I don't know anyone in Germany anymore. If anyone on here can help out please PM me.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have a pair of brand new ones from Lotus that I do not need.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nebelscheinwerfers!

My new fog lights arrived from Austria yesterday!

Major score...brand new and only $112 plus shipping for the pair.

Automotive lighting Auto part

I've done a bunch of research on these, turns out that Hella made a (really, seriously ugly) spoiler kit for the VW Golf that included the same fog lights.

Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Auto part

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volkswagen Volkswagen golf mk2

A lucky search turned up a NOS spoiler on eBay.de. I had the seller remove the lights and toss the spoiler :)

Only the plugs are different, which is OK because I would have replaced the standard bullet connectors with Metripack ones anyway.
The seller didn't ship the adjuster screws, but it shouldn't be difficult to rig something up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts