The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a ton of threads stating that the SE used the same front rotors as the 82-85 Celica Supra.

The problem is that unless I'm mistaken, the Celicas all had 4-lug wheels up until the gen 3 car in 86.

If I google EBC GD323, most sites list both applications.

I read through all the threads and cross-reference lists but couldn't find a single instance where someone actually confirmed that the Celica rotors really did fit on the Esprit.

Is it possible that someone at some point just assumed the rotors were the same because the calipers are and nobody has actually tried it?

Please let me know if you have any real-world experience with this.

...and yes, I know I should just upgrade to bigger brakes.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
The SE uses four-bolt rotors mounted to the rear of the hub, so the wheel bolt pattern is irrelevant. A brief check of Rock Auto indicates that they are indeed the same, both in appearance and dimensions.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doh:facepalm

I guess if I took the wheels off I would have realized that.

4-bolt rotors mated to 5-bolt hubs...seems perfectly appropriate on a Lotus now that I think about it.

Thanks Sanj!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
They are indeed the same and I have a pair of barely used Brembo front rotors for sale if you're interested. I had them briefly installed on my '89 but them I got the PNM big brake kit.

·
Cal H
982 Posts
wow its like going back in a time warp to the turbo list. Sanj talking about the rotors bolting on the back and Tom with the Brembo rotors. Hey Sanj you Chicago guys going to do another LOG sometime? One of these days I should stop by the pizza joint in Addison as I visit The area often my daughter goes to Illinois Tech by the Sox stadium although this is her last year. Don't know if you have been following my posts but I ended up with Chris Urban's old car

Cal from MN

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Hi Calvin,

I did see that you bought Chris' car, I hope you get it running soon. You should indeed stop by, we meet on the last Thursday of the month starting in February. Just drop me a note any time you're going to be in the area.

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
I have raw video of me replacing my rotors with 1984 Toyota Celica Supra rotors during my wheel upgrade. Parts came from Autozone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts