The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a horrible dealer. Specifically the service department. Do yourself a favor and buy a different make of car or if you must have a Lotus, service it elsewhere!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dealer feedback

I've noticed you have posted remarks about the Minneapolis dealership before that have not been too comforting. I live in North Dakota and have a couple of minor issues with alarm system and air bag resets, that I was hoping to have resolved by Luther (or whatever they call themselves now).. I sure don't want to drive 400+ miles to find out I'm dealing with Yahoos..... Are they really that bad?:shrug: I have seen some replies from employees that don't inspire confidence in their knowledge or commitment.....My next nearest service point would be Denver, Colorado!! Thank heavens for this community!:nanner:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
I've had my car there twice. Once for the 1000 mile ECU dump and 1st oil change. This cost $65.94 in parts, $210 in labor, and 36.12 in "other", for a total of $312.06. This made me unhappy. Since then I've changed the oil myself and am much happier.

The second time I had my car there for the shifter recall which was covered by warranty. However, I asked them to do the Stan shifter mod. The estimate for all work was 0, but they wanted to charge me for that when I picked up the car. My position was that they should've told me up front or at least called when they realized they wanted to charge me something before surprising me with it.

Nothing hugely negative there, maybe just business as usual.

I've met Dave in person, but it was before his negative experiences, I think. I am very curious about them myself. Dave would you PM me a summary or a phone number?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I've noticed you have posted remarks about the Minneapolis dealership before that have not been too comforting. I live in North Dakota and have a couple of minor issues with alarm system and air bag resets, that I was hoping to have resolved by Luther (or whatever they call themselves now).. I sure don't want to drive 400+ miles to find out I'm dealing with Yahoos..... Are they really that bad?:shrug: I have seen some replies from employees that don't inspire confidence in their knowledge or commitment.....My next nearest service point would be Denver, Colorado!! Thank heavens for this community!:nanner:
thank heavens for your font -poke-:D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The last time I was in and the last time I will ever go there they quoted me $500 for a couple of warranty repairs. When I questioned them, I was told that Lotus only pays them to fix the problems not in diagnosing them.(I have never heard anything so stupid in my life, I was born at night but not last night). I asked to see the GM and he defended this position. This was minor compared to their lack of knowledge and poor poor customer service.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Anyone in the minnisota area, or anywhere for that matter...Fox Valley Motorcars will be glad to do your repairs for you, warranty or non warranty work is welcome. I know it is a long way to travel, but we do offer a reasonably priced in house transport system. we have a 3 car trailer so if several people get together to ship all at the same time we can sometimes even offer a discount on your transport. Or just come to chicago for a day or 2 and check out the sites while i fix your Lotus.

if anyone was ever interested dont hesitate to pm me or call my manager Joe Carcione to see about setting something up.
630-231-3400

Thanks,
T.J.
Lead Technician
FVMC

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
if anyone was ever interested do hesitate to pm me or call my manager Joe Carcione to see about setting something up.
630-231-3400

Thanks,
T.J.
Lead Technician
FVMC[/QUOTE]

so if we are interested we SHOULD hesitate? just kidding, i know what you mean and will back up you quality service.
Thanks dave for the PM. these letters should be interesting.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
if anyone was ever interested do hesitate to pm me or call my manager Joe Carcione to see about setting something up.
630-231-3400

Thanks,
T.J.
Lead Technician
FVMC
so if we are interested we SHOULD hesitate? just kidding, i know what you mean and will back up you quality service.
Thanks dave for the PM. these letters should be interesting.[/QUOTE]

ooops....all fixed. thanks

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
This is a horrible dealer. Specifically the service department. Do yourself a favor and buy a different make of car or if you must have a Lotus, service it elsewhere!
Specifics please? :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
heres a specific. i wanted a elise with canyon red/black interior. went to the dealership in july 2006. they said i had to wait for the 2007 year models to come out to get that combo. after 5 months of waiting i asked them if there were any 2006 with that color combo. shortly after they said there was 2006 elise that was canyon red and had black interior in california and they could get it delivered to the MN dealership. i waited over 5 months because they didnt look around. why didn't they do this when i first came in? so i got the car in nov. and drove it for a week before i stored it for the whole winter.

so i got my car in Nov. and from nov to april i drove it twice.
to me this is poor service since i missed 4+ months of driving.

second i asked the actual guy who works on lotus's about getting a new exhaust and he was so confused i had to explain everything to him. also the main guy in charge of the lotus section (steve)?, seems like he is pissed off at the whole world every time i talk to him or see him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts