The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There should be seasonal speed limits. It seems that most accidents that happen to good, or non-speeding/law offending, citizens happen in the coldest and slipperiest of months! So why not strictly enforce a speed limit during that period instead of during the summer, or warmer months, when the chances of getting into an accident, as a result of excessive speed, are minimal?

MEEP!!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
In St. Louis, they recently instituted a variable speed limit on I-270. People seem to ignore it though, yesterday traffic was flowing at a steady 70-75 despite the limit having been dropped from 60 to 45 and then a little further down to 40. Traffic didn't slow down until it reached congestion which drops it down to about 5-10.

·
Registered
705 Posts
There is a seasonal stop sign in front of a lakefront restaurant by our house. No business in the winter means no people milling about/ parking their cars across the street, means no stop sign in the winter

·
Registered
744 Posts
Variable speed limit doesn't work, because in the end, the gov't would set it at the lowest possible limit just so they can rape us with tickets. That's what the Brits do.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I imagine it depends on where you live. Around here, summer can be far more dangerous because of tourist traffic and daily afternoon thunderstorms. I do believe speed limits should be vehicle dependent with large trucks restricted to 55 mph and the far right lane.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts