The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have the issue with the Evora that the seat belt digs into their neck? It may be that I'm just the right height (5' 11"), but with the seat adjusted to help me fit comfortably, the seat belt is just too high where it hits my neck. And our belts aren't adjustable. Any good aftermarket add-ons that would make it adjustable, that any of you would recommend?

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think this might be an effect of torso length more than height. The S1 belts bruise my collarbone. For autocross, I've switched to a 4-point harness.

It's not impossible to move it, but it'll be significant work. The shoulder belt upper anchor is just a nut that welded to the roll hoop. It wouldn't be pretty, but you could make a bracket that lowers it a couple of inches.

donour

·
2021 Evora GT, 1986 Turbo Esprit
182 Posts
I have the same issue at 5'7", so agree it might just be a matter of body proportions. I was wondering about putting on one of those seatbelt pads to make it more comfortable.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think this might be an effect of torso length more than height. The S1 belts bruise my collarbone. For autocross, I've switched to a 4-point harness.

It's not impossible to move it, but it'll be significant work. The shoulder belt upper anchor is just a nut that welded to the roll hoop. It wouldn't be pretty, but you could make a bracket that lowers it a couple of inches.

donour
Thanks Donour, but I was kind of hoping for something I could buy and just clip on. Something like this clip. Anyone have any good/bad experiences with something like this?
Thanks!
Mike

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
I have some cheap belt covers that I got off eBay that have Lotus on them. They work well enough to prevent the belt from digging into neck/collarbone area, but aren't the most OE looking.

·
Registered
791 Posts
1. Something like a harness pad at www.pegasusautoracing.com You might not need the Nomex one.
Even though the belt is well placed for me, when I drive most anything long distances, I like the pad on the cross belt for the comfort.
2. Remember that seat belts can stretch up to 40% on impact.....translation > no one wears their belts tight enough

·
2021 Evora GT, 1986 Turbo Esprit
182 Posts
This thread finally inspired me to do something, too. Definitely want to hear how the clip works out.
Automotive design Sports gear Car seat cover Material property Car seat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts