The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
I found these broken leads attached to the driver's seat belt latch. Are these the wires used for the seat belt tell tale and the buzzer? Do the broken leads attach to something or are they supposed to be together?

I'm sorry about the picture size and the focus. I still don't know how to shrink the pictures. If anyone can tell me how to shrink the pictures - please let me know.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes, the only electric leads in my car were under the drivers seat, a pair like you show, they inform the seat belt tattle tale. You can disconnect them if you like and the tell tale will haunt you no more.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
That tells you this was a track car

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
That tells you this was a track car
Not sure if that indicates a track car.
Wouldn't someone who prepares their car for track duty just disconnect the connector instaead of cutting wires?

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
or just ignore the light, geeze!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So there are leads under the driver's seat that these attach to, that makes sense.

The prior owner autocrossed the car and he did have sport seats. My guess is he cut the wires...

Thanks for the responses - can anyone tell me how to shrink pictures for posting?

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Where do those wires go? The dash? If so I could shorten the wires make a jumper and cut out the wires that go from the dash to the seat and add lightness after all I don't need a reminder to tell me to put my seat belt on.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those who care. The leads that go to the connectors come from under the center console on the driver's side.

I pulled the driver's seat out of the car, soldered and shrink tubed the connectors back to the leads from the center console - good as new. I did leave the connectors disconnected - who wants to hear that buzzer... :crazyeyes

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
can anyone tell me how to shrink pictures for posting?
I've resized them for you. If you are using Windows you can resize them in Microsoft Office Picture Manager (right click on photo in explorer, select "open with", and you should see it there). If you're not using Windows I'm not much help :shrug:

Cheers :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts