The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I have a 2008 60th Anniversary Elise. It currently has the factory three point seatbelts. I want to change to the dual-strap kind (four point?) more for looks than for racing. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I suggest you leave them alone. Or maybe get a CG Lock or SeatSnug on them.

Four-point seatbelts are less safe than the stockers. Stay with the three-point or go all the way to five-or-six-point.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm not sure it would satisfy the "looks" requirement, but I have a CG Lock and it works pretty well.

·
Registered
405 Posts
you can change to a 4-point ASM setup, which will allow your body to pivot similarly to the stock belts.

However, they are a HUGE pain the the butt compared to stock. I use them because they are necessary for track use, and IMO still perfectly safe for the street, but I would never recommend them for a non-track car because they add so much hassle to an already inconvenient car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Get a harness bar and go with a.four point with asm technology. Scroth has a pretty good setup. Also you will need to cut holes in your seat for the harness to go through, if not there is a chance you can slip out in a wreck

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
However, they are a HUGE pain the the butt compared to stock. I use them because they are necessary for track use, and IMO still perfectly safe for the street, but I would never recommend them for a non-track car because they add so much hassle to an already inconvenient car.
This. I had 5 points in my Super Stalker. It was very cool at first, but after a year I really wished I had inertia real belts that didn't take thirty seconds to clip in...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts