The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently trying to fit my Reverie seat onto my stock rails and brackets. It looks like most of the holes line up except for the front inboard bolt, which is attached to the seat (just like stock).

The bolt is not lining up with the hole on the bracket and I was wondering if I could go ahead and make the hole bigger with a drill. Will this be safe or would it compromise the rigidity of the bracket? Any other solutions?

Here are some pictures of the same bolt and the hole at different angles:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Are you talking about the bracket that goes between the rails? If so, the seat came with a different bracket for a 5-point (or 6-point) harness. The bracket is the same as the stock one except with a slot in the middle (for the harness to pass thru).

I didn't have any issues when I fitted mine. Try lightly bolt the bracket to the seat first, then onto the rails, and see.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'm referring to the bracket that goes between the rails. If the supplied bracket is the same as stock, then it wouldn't help (I'm using the syspack for the 6pt mount).

I tried lightly bolting the brackets to the rail and then the seat to the bracket, but no luck. It seems the widening the hole is the only option:shrug:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Perhaps the seat as you have it has a defect, preventing it from fitting properly. In which case, I would return it and get one that actually fits. At least try before poking holes that aren't supposed to be there.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
That bracket will help as the holes are slotted (at least mine was) which helps address the problem you are having. Also, even if you are using the sys.6.pack you can route the sub straps through that bracket that has the slot cut into it for sub strap purposes (whereas the stock unit does not).

Try the piece that came with the Reverie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts