The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 2006 Chrome Orange Elise and had it delivered on March 1 2020. It has 22,000 miles and seems to have every Pack: Track, Premium, Touring, Sport.

Does anyone know the material used on the seat centers? It seems to be suede.
IMG_0706.JPG
IMG_0703.JPG

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
it's probably Alcantara; which is a suede-like material that you'll find covering seats, interior trim and steering wheels.

·
Registered
2005 Elise
109 Posts
This is aftermarket (including the door cards and above the gauges) but looks to match the orange pretty well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is aftermarket (including the door cards and above the gauges) but looks to match the orange pretty well.
I don't think so. I have a copy of the original window sticker. The option for the door card is called Rectangular Quilt, and is a $1,295 cost.

·
Registered
2005 Elise
109 Posts
I don't think so. I have a copy of the original window sticker. The option for the door card is called Rectangular Quilt, and is a $1,295 cost.
I stand corrected, I have never seen that before.

Edit: I seems that it was not very common at all. If you got the optional touring package you were eligible to get the upgraded interior with "diamond quilt" or "rectangular quilt"

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You are right, diamond and rectangular quilt patterns were an interior package option for $1295. However the material was leather.That package included the door trim insert, center console was wrapped in leather, shift knob (vs all aluminum) and the quilted stitching in the seat centers. This looks to be a custom job to spruce things up a bit.

Reactions: Robocop305

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Based on the interior on this 2007 Elise, I don;t think my interior is a custom job. Car is listed on Car Gurus for sale at Miller Motorcars.
1584023665868.png

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Again not stock.... I laid out what the standard $1295 interior package added that you called out. Yours and this one here are either aftermarket or were done via the Lotus Trim Shop. This example you posted definitely looks like a Trim Shop job. I remember them offering those seats with custom embroidery options like the one you see here (as well as materials/colors). When the Trim Shop was doing after sales custom trim jobs.... some folks went that route. You can probably find examples on this board of people placing orders or showing off their new interiors. I think they stopped offering this service 8-9 years ago.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@mobius I am new here so I don't have your deep history. The car above was a special run of 50 units, and like the California editions has a different interior. So to me the car above is factory. Where is/was the Lotus Trim Shop located? I may try to contact the previous owner of my car. Thanks for your insight!

·
Registered
110 Posts
The pictures posted above are of the stock interior of the 2007 Type 72d. So yes, it was factory (stock) for that model, and yes, it was probably done in-house by the Lotus Trim Shop. So in a way, you are both correct.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
@mobius I am new here so I don't have your deep history. The car above was a special run of 50 units, and like the California editions has a different interior. So to me the car above is factory. Where is/was the Lotus Trim Shop located? I may try to contact the previous owner of my car. Thanks for your insight!
No worries! We are all here to learn and have friendly conversations about our cars. I learn something new constantly from the folks here, new and old.

And yes both you and Ghia914 are correct on the 72d that got the "trim treatment". That was indeed offered off the showroom floor and I didn't take that model into account. The Lotus Trim Shop is Lotus very own interior shop at the factory. They used to let you order and customize the interior in all sorts of ways from different seats with embroidery, mix matched materials, color swatches...you name it. They are still there of course doing interiors but I believe they stopped doing their after market custom sales probably 8-9yrs ago. They may do it for newer models but I don't think so...... but I have never checked. The design on your car follows a common pattern (seats/door cards/binnacle) that was offered.

Reactions: chester
1 - 13 of 13 Posts